best chorus pedal????under 300$

MRscratch

• Members

There are so many flavours of Chorus out there and different people have their preference. Personally I like and prefer analogue chorus that does fat detuned tones right through to the lighter airy stuff ... though I never use the light settings.

Personally the best Choreye I have ever used are the ones I have settled on; both are analogue, early 80's Yamaha pedals ... the CH-01 and the CH10-MII.

If you can find either of these on Ebay I'd get them asap ... best I ever heard.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Personally the best Choreye I have ever used are the ones I have settled on; both are analogue, early 80's Yamaha pedals ... the CH-01 and the CH10-MII.

+1 for the ch-01. its got a good slow flange like sweep and does a real nce vibrato as well....good call tiki!

• Members

I liked the clone clone, then I got a real small clone reissue by ehx and it was better. The ehx and the analogman sound the same you really don't need the depth knob because the deepest setting on the analogman was essentially what the small clone was without the depth knob. I went through a few analogmans and even had a newer one with a depth switch to make it even more deep and my conclusion is I can get the same exact sounds out of the ehx, but they have more swirl more chime. the analogman sounds the same essentially but is darker. The ehx has a vintage vibe to it whereas the analogman has a more clinical vibe to it. Both are great but I prefer hands down the ehx $60 small clone. The choralfange was garbage imo, really sterile and the pedal distorted easily. TC electronics was very 80's. The small clone sounds like a leslie thats what I use it for. I also thought the jacques meistersinger was cool but kind of bland.

• Members

I think, like others mentioned, it depends on what you want. For versatility, the Redwitch Medusa is great. I have that and am Analogman CLone Chorus. The Ananlogman is sweet for acoutic (better than the Medusa in my opinion) but foir electric the Medusa ads a little extra. Now I have the basic Analogman. I have thought about adding a few options or selling it and getting one loaded. The Medusa is good for acoustic as well, I just like the Rich full sound the Analogman has for that. Of course you get 2 pedals in a Medusa with a Tremelo that is pretty decent in it as well. I have heard a lot of good things about the Jacques Mesitersinger for a nice chorus, but I have never had a chance to pay with one.

• Members

Originally posted by BigRalphN

I have heard a lot of good things about the Jacques Mesitersinger for a nice chorus, but I have never had a chance to pay with one.

I carry the Jacques stuff and really dig all of the pedals esp. the Meister. It replaced a TC Electronics Stereo chorus Pedal in one of my set-ups. Great pedal and reasonably priced as well.

Archived