Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveR

maybe. The one thing I hate about the boss COSM is the eq. Its parametric rather than graphic. I had rather have like a 10 band graphic eq to tweak than 20 ****************ing high freq, mid high freq. I dont understand that stuff.

Yeah ... sometimes the difference is so miniscule that I can't tell how certain EQ parameters affect my overall tone. However, I'm glad that Boss included a "clean/direct blend" setting with all of the stompbox sims on the GT-8.
    For Sale/Trade:
    Boss, Palmer, Source Audio, etc.
    Click here for more info about sale items

Wanted:
    Line 6 M5; Compact expression pedal; Boss GL-100 Guitar Driver, Studio headphones, Studio monitors, Quality cables, Baritone guitar

Comment

Yee-uuhh ... I finally got the delays on my GT-8 to self-oscillate ... ... but now I have to deal with clipping ...

I am hoping that the most recent issue will be easily ameliorated by lowering the delays' effect level.
      For Sale/Trade:

Wanted:
      Line 6 M5; Compact expression pedal; Boss GL-100 Guitar Driver, Studio headphones, Studio monitors, Quality cables, Baritone guitar

Comment

Originally posted by ck3
        Yee-uuhh ... I finally got the delays on my GT-8 to self-oscillate ... ... but now I have to deal with clipping ...

I am hoping that the most recent issue will be easily ameliorated by lowering the delays' effect level.

you have it on the smooth setting?? maybe trying positioning the delay in a different spot on the effects chain.

also does the GT8 have an output selection?

ie (headphones, amp, poweramp...)

I used to use mine with the headphones setting and I found that I could tweak patches with headphones on and they would sound the same through an amp. With the other settings everything was too muddy to my ear.

Comment

you have it on the smooth setting??

I haven't noticed this feature on the GT-8 ... but I have the manual with me at work, so maybe I'll find out more when I have a chance to flip through it.
          For Sale/Trade:

Wanted:

Comment

Originally posted by ck3

I haven't noticed this feature on the GT-8 ... but I have the manual with me at work, so maybe I'll find out more when I have a chance to flip through it.

the smooth setting should be there.

all the other gt models have it as well as the dd20.

it basically adds a little reverb to the delay and allows it to pitchshift and not do that weird clicking sound when turning the delay time.

Comment

the smooth setting should be there.

all the other gt models have it as well as the dd20.

it basically adds a little reverb to the delay and allows it to pitchshift and not do that weird clicking sound when turning the delay time.

I just combed the delay section of the manual and even thumbed through the index ... it would seem that this feature has been removed since the inception of the GT-8.
              For Sale/Trade:

Wanted:

Comment

I discovered how tight the GT-8's noise gate can be last weekend and now feel like a putz for complaining about it. In the unlikely event that anyone else is experiencing similar issues to those I described in a few other threads, try lowering the noise gate's "release" parameter (the most obvious, yet well-hidden solution).
                For Sale/Trade:

Wanted:

Comment

Can someone tell me more about the tuner on this unit. Does it have alt tuning modes?

Also, how is the phaser. I'm looking for EVH Phase 90 quality.

Visit my site for Valve Jr. gig bags..

Comment

I haven't needed to use the tuner a great deal, but I have tinkered with the phaser a couple of times. There are multiple modes, and the parameters have broad ranges. Though the GT-8's phaser may not be able to sound quite as analog as an R28-modded Phase 90, I'm certain you could come close.
                    For Sale/Trade:

Wanted:

Comment

• Thanks for the input ck3. Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Durango_Kid
                        Can someone tell me more about the tuner on this unit. Does it have alt tuning modes?

Also, how is the phaser. I'm looking for EVH Phase 90 quality.

The phaser is pretty good for that sort of thing.

http://www.inrerocknroll.com/tunes/TheVAN.mp3
                        Guitar & effects tunes, clips & pics:
                        http://www.inrerocknroll.com

Comment

• That sounded pretty good MrMunky. Thanks for clip. Tasty improve...

Comment

• Le Bump...

BTW - there is a pretty cool new GT8 Editor app being developed at www.bossgtcentral.com - check the GT8 Forum there for info. It's an open beta.

FYI.
                            Blessings
                            ~A~
                            TheStompBox.Net Website!

Comment

• I have been interested in getting the Boss DD-20, Boss EQ-20, and the Digitech Whammy for awhile now. But I recently discovered the existance of the Boss GT-8 guitar pedal and was wondering if I could just get that instead of those 3 pedals and be happy.

So, I am askign the following:

What type of Whammy effects does the GT-8 have? What intervals? Is it liek the Digitech WHammy?

What type of EQ? How many bands?

What type of delays? How many seconds? Is it as good as the DD-20?

Basically, is it worth getting the GT-8 instead of getting the 3 pedals I mentioned? Keep in mind, I have a 5150, so i don't really need distortion, and I have a Boss ME-33 for standard effects like Phaser and Flanger.

Also, can the expression pedal be used to modify certian effect seetings while playing? For example, you can control phaser rate using the expression pedal.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninjamonkey
                                I have been interested in getting the Boss DD-20, Boss EQ-20, and the Digitech Whammy for awhile now. But I recently discovered the existance of the Boss GT-8 guitar pedal and was wondering if I could just get that instead of those 3 pedals and be happy.

So, I am askign the following:

What type of Whammy effects does the GT-8 have? What intervals? Is it liek the Digitech WHammy?

What type of EQ? How many bands?

What type of delays? How many seconds? Is it as good as the DD-20?

Basically, is it worth getting the GT-8 instead of getting the 3 pedals I mentioned? Keep in mind, I have a 5150, so i don't really need distortion, and I have a Boss ME-33 for standard effects like Phaser and Flanger.

Also, can the expression pedal be used to modify certian effect seetings while playing? For example, you can control phaser rate using the expression pedal.

Get the manual from the roland web site for most of those answers. I would add that you will probably want to dump your me-33 as you will find the Gt-8 to supercedes that pedal in every way (except you may be used to working with the me-33). I used to own a me-33 (and a me-30 before it) and although easy to use, it is far more limited than the GT-8.

Comment

Working...
                                X