Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some of us would never ever meet!

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there were more DC area folks here. I'd even go up to NYC for a meetup if the timing was right. I'd feel a lot more secure with myself referencing this forum (it happens accidently talking music with the girlfriend!) if I'd actually met you guys in person...

Comment

Originally posted by Unity Gain

we should get a midwest gathering together... maybe springfield... the chicago people could come down, I could come up, I think there's a few people in southern ill -- john hiller, maybe? then we could all go to the underground tavern.

that'd be awesome, though i doubt it'd happen. way too hard to arrange a weekend where everyone's able to drive hundreds of miles, not to mention springfield aint quite worth the drive.

"hey everyone! let's get plastered and check out the lincoln sites!"

HC Chat

Originally posted by sstim8or
      NASA scientists are studying what long term effects this "vortex of suck" could have on Los Angleles.

ft/t: lucky13 modded sd-1 $35 shipped

want: rat

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
        The post your pictures threads kinda help, put a face to the names.

That was a great thread.....sigh. What ever happened to that thread anyway?

Comment

ive met andreas about 20 times....he is mr good guy.

have i met someone else here.....hmmm....hk phooey went to our gig 2 years ago but didnt introduce himself ( i bet he thought we sucked too much)....

i was gonna hook up with newstrat in Paris two weeks ago but he didnt call me.

i guess im a loser and deserve to die.
          Originally Posted by lefort_1
          What really alarms me is: my daughter is now older than the age I think I am.

Wtb:
          Lovetone Big Cheese
          Lipo batteries for rc-car, preferably 2s

Comment

Met nosferatu123 to lend him my Tonebone Classic and MXR Distortion II, after all this time and both of us in KL. In fact he lives so close to where I used to stay before I moved, but my present location is like way across KL.

I'll be in Montreal for a meeting in November, perhaps I can meet fuzzface - that would be fantastic. Anybody else from Montreal?

Has anyone had the chance to meet Jacques? I'm due for two meetings in Paris in the first and third week of October - thought it'd be nice to meet him. Or perhaps I'm wrong and he's from some other part of France.
            I've never seen a stranger crowd,
            Slubberdegullions on squeaky feet.

Comment

Originally posted by keramat8
              Met nosferatu123 to lend him my Tonebone Classic and MXR Distortion II, after all this time and both of us in KL. In fact he lives so close to where I used to stay before I moved, but my present location is like way across KL.

"you poop into my butthole and i poop into your butthole, back and forth. forever."

WTB: Gibson/Oberheim Echoplex Digital Pro

Comment

Originally posted by bieke
                I still have to meet the first forumite
                I once talked to Speeddemon on the phone and I was talking complete crap

I've met quite some Dutch members; Speedy, Godin73, Giordano..

Bieke, are you aware there is a new meeting coming up? It's near Amsterdam though..
                [IN] Telecaster
                [OK] Gypsyfan, jkleeks, ugly steeple fear, Mister_Billion, Bloo, box handler, aussieguitarnut, Badmonkey, Speeddemon, VirtualToad. Sue me.
                [OUT] Nuttin'

Comment

I've met up with Mike Ibrihim a few times, great guy ... very unassuming and humble about his guitar playing skills; he's better then he thinks.
                  Member HCFXSCOC

Comment

Originally posted by pontiusplaymate
                    Wanna know the weirdest thing? I'm in your closet right now with a knife as long as your forearm...I'm running my tongue along its edge. The taste of blood always gets me excited. It makes me want to do .... ....things .

Kuh-Lasssic!

~MkF!
                    "You bedeviled swine!"
                    I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzface71
                      Ever realise that, although maybe, you might have met one or two guys from in here. Most of us would never ever get to meet each other in our lifetime!

You would never ever meet The Rev, olle, The Gainster, Feisty, bieke etc..

I mean.. I consider all of you my internet buddies.

The internet-era is really weird.

It's only a 6 hour drive from Montreal to Toronto. Take the Greyhound over here and I'll kick your ass back into Frenchieland

Comment

I met The Gainster back in the day when I didn't have a computer.

Comment

Originally posted by peterregiel
                          Psh - I could probably see Thelonius once or twice a week if I wanted to, without even having to go far.

Hey!! Watch the fat jokes!! Oh..you meant because we live..oh

Actually I saw you the other day man. I didn't bother you, you looked busy. You were in Target shopping. I was strolling through produce. You looked like you were on a mission.
                          If I ever get to the point where I can't even turn my own tuning knobs, someboy please shoot my roadie. - Jeremy Skrenes

Comment

There are forumites that I have met in person, but I have not told them who my online persona is, but I know who they are

Comment

Originally posted by CS

We do that in the UK. Some of us meet in London for a drink. This evolved into a 'show and tell' pedal day. We had one in October and the next one is on 26th Feb.

Through the course of last year I have met

Dot Dot Dot
                              Muscated
                              Zhivago
                              Kid A
                              Mr 100
                              Extremely Bored
                              Jeztastic

Originally posted by Zhivago
                              indeed! we have loads of fun in London...

at to this list:

Cutterbuck
                              Delorian/Ian87
                              Alerieb
                              BenScully

If I ever get to the point where I can't even turn my own tuning knobs, someboy please shoot my roadie. - Jeremy Skrenes

Comment

Originally posted by Jaymeister
                                There are forumites that I have met in person, but I have not told them who my online persona is, but I know who they are

That's why I'm always nervous about being on here going "man, my bass player's the world's biggest ****************ing dickhead"

btw...I met Bob McBroom this weekend. Saw him at the music store and was like "hey bob!!"

Then after talking to him I realized I'd met him before and seen him play with a friend of mine and even had a late night Wafflehouse dinner with him and a few other folks years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X