OT - saw the grudge

ollenorin

• Members

and im a bit bugged now about blue boys with black hole mouths and white chicks with bloody eyes....i keep seeing them pictures where there is darkness.....

Helena saw about 5 minutes of the movie, then she stared into her hands the whole time.....

now i need to see the ring 2 and grudge 2.....

btw, i think the grudge was excellent, it had that scary monitor-at-work scene with the creepy black woman who stared into it with those eyes....

i like them scary movies.

:)

any recommendations of other scary movies ? (weekend at bernies ive already seen)

• Members
Originally posted by Thelonius

I thought the grudge sucked a little but moreso because it had the potential to be cool. The kid was cool. The non talking crazy lady was cool. The woman from the closet was cool.

I'm a horror snob though, and very hard to please.

I am so right there with this statement. I openly admit to being a horror snob. I still tought it was better than the ring. What a trainwreck of a movie that was. :(

• Members

Originally posted by ElvisIsNotDjed

Are you guys talking about the original japanese version of the movie or the greedy-moneygrabbing Hollywood remake?

The originals are usually always better.

Sam Raimi gave the original director a chance to remake the film with a bigger budget for a larger audience, just like Raimi himself did with Evil Dead. I don't see anything wrong with that.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

The ring seemed scarier to me because there was depth, and back story, and some element of myster. The Grudge, I felt like, was more "these peopel died. badly. so now they try to scare the {censored} out of Sarah Michelle Gellar by showing up in mirrors and crawling up stiarcases."

Archived