Cheap Thrills 3: Guyatone MR2 Micro Reverb

elctmist

• Members

Picked this up for $40 on the weekend because I wanted some reverb for my looping board and it was cheap.

I used it at a loft party thing on Sunday night and I must say its pretty decent for the bucks. For such a small pedal this thing has a lot of potential settings, but I din't have time to mess around with it too much. For my purposes the stadium setting turned down low sounded big and fairly natural, so I stuck with that.

The reverb worked well with all my pedals and didn't fart out when fed high gain signals. Definitely not as classy as a good Fender reverb but it hangs with all the reverb pedals I've tried (Holy Grail, Digitech). I ran a telecaster into a fuzzprobe -- super duper - pearl phaser - Catalinbread SCOD - MR2 -- Boss Delay/Sampler-- Moog Ring Mod -- EH 16 second Delay -- SansAmp into the board.

DJ

• Members

Originally posted by delorean

sweet! is it capable of doing huge, artificial-sounding cathedral stuff too?

So it can get pretty deep but not as deep as the outer limits of the Digiverb or -- I imagine -- the PDS3000 PedalVerb (:mad: ). It can also be set up to sound pretty artifical with a metallic flangey edge.

Archived