So, which new release should I buy?

jcn37203

• Members
Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Get the new Sleater Kinney. I'm not kidding. I never liked them at all. But the new one, damn. They went from top of my list of most-annoying-hipsters to top of my list of shockingly-talented-hipsters with this one album.

:confused:

facts.02.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

Get the new Sleater Kinney. I'm not kidding. I never liked them at all. But the new one, damn. They went from top of my list of most-annoying-hipsters to top of my list of shockingly-talented-hipsters with this one album.

Yeah, this buddy of mine had been talking about how great it was for a while. And I'd seen Ivor and a couple of guys on here talk about it. All I knew about them before was that they did a {censored}ty song on some {censored}ty movie soundtrack that my wife insists on playing during long roadtrips.

But this new album is brilliant. Best album of the year, so far. And now I can no longer say that I don't like chick bands, either. Oh well.

And J., I'd get the White Stripes one, too, if I were you. It's really nice.

• Members

All of them. Except SOAD since they are the worst band in history.

It's a lot of money but the way it works out for me, here are the only major label bands these days I give a {censored} about.

White Stripes
Green day
QOTSA
Foo Fighters
Sleater Kinney (I'll just be honest I didn't know they were on a major until this record came out...I assume they are now? I don't know)
Beck.

They all just released a record except Green Day. So i may have to spend a lot of money..(ok, so I copied my neighbor's Beck, {censored} off!! And qotsa..{censored} off again!! :mad: ) but none of them will make any more records for eternity so who cares.

I'm going to get the new FF today and possibly the new SK. Got the WS last week.

• Members

Screw Tower. How about Grimey's?

Given the clip you posted recently: some Bowery Electric? Or possibly Broadcast's "Ha Ha Sound" album?

Not new releases, I know. But I refuse to conform.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

New:

Hopewell's Birds of Appetite record is out today. A must for fans of Mercury Rev (ex-bassist is the singer), Grandaddy, Flaming Lips, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by ugly steeple fear

I haha'd myself after listening to it. I was hoping it was going to be all Whiskey town, but it turned out to be all suck.

I think it's a great album. just too long. there are some really cool songs and guitar playing on it. but ey, different strokes...

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

I take new CD purchases very seriously.

The new Foo Fighters is a given, but what else? I figure since I'll be at Tower, I might as well make the most of it.

White Stripes

QOTSA

SOAD

Mercury Rev

Gorillaz

What no Limp Bizkit??? Come on they got the band back together :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favor and pick up both the Single Frame albums, you'll thank me later

Archived