Being Rich vs. Being Poor

(((echo)))

• Members

VERY good point!

you know how some people think being poor helps bring people closer.. like they have to struggle together so it gets them working together toward a common goal making them tighter in the process

i think that is a valid point but doesn't hurt relationships as well.. you know like fighting over money and whatnot

then there's people who are rich that grow apart because being rich means you don't need the other person and there is so much more to wedge into a relationship...

it's certainly a tough one :confused:

• Members

Rich, as long as you get to spend it to make yourself feel better.

The most depressing time in my life was actually when I had the most money I ever had, early 20's made 6 figures in the stock market but didn't spend it, had given up music and just didn't have my life together. Completely miserable sonofabitch.

Knowing then what I know now, I would have bought myself a Neve BCM 10 (10-channel console with Neve 1073's) and set myself a sweet studio and started working on my music again. Also buy some nice clothes, go out more and have fun with people, play some more ladiez and LIVE.

The answer is RICH. But you have to SPEND it and not be a f-cking Scrooge.

• Members
Originally posted by dZjupp

i would say rich, because you could afford to spray a load on the golden girls at the MGM theme park and then have towels to clean up,

btw, sorry about the aunt comment echo......

that's ok.. she was a loathsome fictitious hermaphrodite ;)

and yeah i have the same golden girls dream and if i was rich.. i figure i could hook that up :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by RoboPimp

There is a story in Tibet concerning two brothers, one of whom had ninety-nine yaks while the other had only one yak. The poor brother was quite content ... He had one yak and that was really all he needed ... he wasn

• Members

The problem with poverty is that there's just way too {censored}ing much of it. If you took all the wealth in the world and distributed it evenly it would give everyone like $1000 per year. We'd all be poor.

So the solution to poverty, if there is one, can't consist of distributing all the resources - because you need to have money concentrated to create more wealth.

The only way I see poverty being eliminated is through political change - progressive governments that dictate that vast amounts of wealth not be idle(as they are in most recessions/depressions), also not giving money to thugocracies which is what has kept Africa in poverty despite 1/2 a trillion dollars being given there in the last 40 years.

Originally posted by StompboxMan

I just had a rich friend call me a cheap ass SOB. I guess that what all rich people think of the poor.

I'd rather be rich so I could donate my money to help the poor.

• Members

Originally posted by jeverist

The only way I see poverty being eliminated is through political change - progressive governments that dictate that vast amounts of wealth not be idle(as they are in most recessions/depressions), also not giving money to thugocracies which is what has kept Africa in poverty despite 1/2 a trillion dollars being given there in the last 40 years.

The other thing is in America 85% of the wealth is in the hands of 20% of the poulation. Yet the top 20% of the wealthiest only generate 50% of the income.

The bottom 60% of households possess only 4.2% of the nation's wealth while it earns 26.8% of all income. If you are in the bottom 60% YOU ARE POOR. Face the reality.

And what is taxed? Income or wealth? The answer is income. That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. And forget becoming wealthy working for someone else...

I could go on and on...

• Members

heh...and I wasn't talking about Americans specifically, but even if you take a poor American(lets say a part time job at walmart making $6/hr working 25 hours a week - at 50 weeks/yr that's $7500 and compare his income to the rest of the world - still in the top 13-14 percent:

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Originally posted by Jaymeister

The other thing is in America 85% of the wealth is in the hands of 20% of the poulation. Yet the top 20% of the wealthiest only generate 50% of the income.

The bottom 60% of households possess only 4.2% of the nation's wealth while it earns 26.8% of all income. If you are in the bottom 60% YOU ARE POOR. Face the reality.

And what is taxed? Income or wealth? The answer is income. That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. And forget becoming wealthy working for someone else...

I could go on and on...

• Members

Ultimately you choose what owns you, if you have a weaker character then yes, your objects may own you. If you do not, then you will not let this happen.

Money is an undeniably enriching asset.

I have this argument with some hippies I know who seem to think you have to be poor to be enlightened.

I would rather be meditating in a beautiful cool white room with pools and spas then a dingy council flat for sure.

Also, money brings freedom, if you have no money, you have to work constantly to keep a roof over your head, I'm sure stacking shelves is great for karma...

Only someone with money can afford to take 6 months of to travel across the world.

More importantly than cars, or houses however, money enables you to experience so much more out of life.. If you wake up and decide you want to see the sun set over the Antarctic with the girl of your dreams, you can do it, hell you can buy a house there! You can fly balloons across the planes of Africa, wake up in a different continent every week..

You are free to experience so much out of life with money if you have the imagination.

They say that me and my harder working friends have 'given up on life' because we are working hard at college to get a good career to experience life, but all they do is sit on Christs Piece in Cambridge (a hobo ridden park) and smoke joints and do speed, i find this absolutley hilarious!

Best of all is their solution of living in a commune.. Great, until they break a leg and decide to use the NHS hospital paid for by people who actually work..

Such fantastically hypocritical and selfish idiotic bull{censored}.. All I would expect from hippies..

Such a selfish ideology, money puts your children through good education and pays for your childrens food, it helps pay for operations when a loved one is sick...

I think one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen is the hippie buses at this hippy fair we have in Cambridge called The Strawberry Fayre, where hippies keep their children, isolated from society and with no chance of ever leading a normal, educated life, forcing their ideals on them..

The lies people tell themselves to avoid facing the reality of their ignorance and laziness...

Archived