??Dumble Amp tone from a pedal?? Is it possible??

calbert

• Members

I know you can't get it exactly...

but are there any pedals out there that do a pretty good job of giving you the tone and feel of the Dumble Overdrive Special amp?

I understand that Larry Carlton used to gets his liquid lead tones from this amp. Carlos Santana (a long time Boogie amp user) said he switched to the Dumble because it got him 'that sound' more easily.

This is the one pedal I know of (any better ones?):

Hao RM1 Rumble Mod Overdrive Pedal Dumble

Thanks, Carlos

• Members

I recently built an ODS preamp into an 18watt EL84 power section. While it isn't a dumbl, it is close enough that I can say I don't think any pedal is going to get you there. Way too many variables happening. You may find some great pedals, and they may have qualities that are dumble like, but there is no way to take the place of tubes and high voltage.
That being said, if you want to try to find it in a pedal, the zendrive is likely a good place to start.

• Members

Originally posted by mightyquinn

I recently built an ODS preamp into an 18watt EL84 power section. While it isn't a dumbl, it is close enough that I can say I don't think any pedal is going to get you there. Way too many variables happening. You may find some great pedals, and they may have qualities that are dumble like, but there is no way to take the place of tubes and high voltage.

That being said, if you want to try to find it in a pedal, the zendrive is likely a good place to start.

Although I am sure Dumbles are nice I doubt it is the trick to Robben

• Members
Originally posted by calbert

I know you can't get it exactly...

but are there any pedals out there that do a pretty good job of giving you the tone and feel of the Dumble Overdrive Special amp?

I understand that Larry Carlton used to gets his liquid lead tones from this amp. Carlos Santana (a long time Boogie amp user) said he switched to the Dumble because it got him 'that sound' more easily.

This is the one pedal I know of (any better ones?):

Hao RM1 Rumble Mod Overdrive Pedal Dumble

Thanks, Carlos

Check this Clip Here <:> out...

As close as I have come to the dreaded "D" tone.... :):thu:

• Members

TS into a fender amp. That's all it is man.

That is incorrect. There is no TS in the curcuit at all. The FET input crap is NOT a TS.

It may have a foot in fenderland but it is much more than a TS into a twin.

No matter what though, it is the Indian, not the arrow, that makes the difference.

• Members
Originally posted by mightyquinn

It means that it is the human factor, not the gear, that makes magic.

In other words practice is more important than what amp you can afford.

:wave:

good point, I guess that why I can make a fender & TS sound EXACTLY like a dumble... :thu:

Archived