Wolftone Chaos

• Members

I got one a few days ago and I'm lovin' it. Three knobs, vol, drive and entropy, two switches, 2nd - 3rd dimention and hair. Great fuzzy-filtery-synthy-ring moddy sounds. Very interactive with pickups and vol and tone knobs on the guitar. Also real nice 'normal' fuzz/distortion tones at lower entropy settings. I'm surprised this thing doesn't get more love around here. Check out the clips on the website.

http://www.studioelectronics.com/products_WolftonePedals.php

Anybody else have one?

• Members

after you get a hang of it could you post some samples, pics and whatnot. I really dig the sound of this thing but dont want to for over the cake just yet.

how much did you get it for?

• Members

The samples on the website are really accurate. The way notes decay and swell on some settings is amazing. Like alot of octave pedals those sounds are best with the neck pickup and tone knob turned way down. I was playing it with an FM-4 earlier, the growler setting (octave down synth) with the Chaos set for a little octave up/ring mod filtery decay was really fun. I haven't tried it with the Fuzz Factory yet, that should be insane.I'll try and get to some clips.

Not many places carry them, I got it on ebay for $219 from guitareffectspedals.com. I've only seen a couple used ones over the last few months on ebay go for $170-180 but didn't have the cash at the time. I recently sold a bunch of stuff on ebay and had to do it. I was a little nervous spending that much on a pedal with no reviews here but I'm really happy with it.

• Members

It isn't as big as I thought it would be. I haven't even looked inside it yet to see if it needs all that space, it came with a battery. My minor complaint is that the input and output jacks are opposite of most pedals, input on the left.

• Members

It's about 3 5/8 x 8 and 2 1/8 high at the highest part.

No popping on the switch. Very quiet too, just a tiny bit of noise on the higher drive settings.

Mine looks a little different from the one on the site, it doesn't have the funky graphics near the switch and the dimention and hair switches traded places. Newer version I guess, don't know if anything inside changed.

• Members

Originally posted by RitalinCupcake

It's about 3 5/8 x 8 and 2 1/8 high at the highest part.

No popping on the switch. Very quiet too, just a tiny bit of noise on the higher drive settings.

Mine looks a little different from the one on the site, it doesn't have the funky graphics near the switch and the dimention and hair switches traded places. Newer version I guess, don't know if anything inside changed.

Thanks!

Archived