Delete

• Members

I love the G-Major.

It absolutely offers pro-level sound quality, and it's price of $400 in the US these days is an incredible value.

It lacks some of the programming flexibility of more-expensive gear (changing effect block order, for example), but it's one of the easiest pro effect processors to program, and setting it up for MIDI control is as simple as it could get.

The Rocktron Intellifex is a comparable product price-wise and sound quality-wise, but I don't have any experience programming it.

• Members

Originally posted by AmitSadras

wow..

thanks bro..

but i didnt understood this:

"changing effect block order, for example" that you told me

Hi.

It means that of you program an effect chain for example: Compressor>Overdrive>flanger>Delay

you cannot alter the order of them to let say: Flanger>Compressor>Delay>Overdrive

they are fixed you can't modify the order.

...i think.

:D

• Members

The order of the effect blocks is not critical depending on your style of playing. The effects order is fixed in the most popular order based on what is considered the "optimal" signal chain by most pros.

Do you really like to put your reverb in front of your chorus, followed up by your compressor? Probably not!

So I wouldn't worry about this -- first become comfortable using rack effects before you try to do complex signal routing.

The G-Major is a great unit, and as you mentioned, something like the G-Force is out of your price range.

• Members

Originally posted by scottkahn

The order of the effect blocks is not critical depending on your style of playing. The effects order is fixed in the most popular order based on what is considered the "optimal" signal chain by most pros.

Do you really like to put your reverb in front of your chorus, followed up by your compressor? Probably not!

So I wouldn't worry about this -- first become comfortable using rack effects before you try to do complex signal routing.

The G-Major is a great unit, and as you mentioned, something like the G-Force is out of your price range.

yes.. youre right

but..

look

my rig is:

LesPaul >> MXR dynacomp >> Koch pedaltone >> Boss CE-20 >> boss dd-20...

how can i loop it right in my FX loop?

comp can be after dist or something like that?

i dont think so..

what that scares me away

is the situation that it dont fit to my wants

or that ill actually dont use the comp..

and another problem..

it alright to put reverb before the delay?

because.. in the tc g-major all the effect

in loop one after one

and i cant put outside pedal between the effects

and i want my dd-20 delay and dont the tc delay..

what can i do?

:(

• Members

In the G-Major, delay happens before Reverb. Reverb is the last effect in the chain... or parallel!

There are actually flexible routing options -- effects can be in series, like your pedals -- one after another and so on, or they can be run in parallel or semi-parallel, where the G-Major puts some effects in front of each other but others run next to each other, so for example the same dry signal goes to your delay and goes to your reverb instead of the delayed repeats going into the reverb.

You should download the user's manual from the TC Electronic web site and read up on it. You'll find it's quite flexible.

It also has a compressor built in. Wiring your setup provides for numerous options.

1. Get rid of the CE-20. TC makes the best sounding choruses out there.

2. If you really like compressing your signal up front, then leave the compressor at the front of your signal chain. In your effects loop, go into your DD-20 and then into the G-Major, then return from the G-Major back to the amp/preamp. It's not ideal. Really, you should get rid of the DD-20. It's a great delay, but you don't need it with the G-Major's delays. Or keep it and use it for special effects.

I don't really know anything about the koch pedaltone to comment on it.

• Members

Originally posted by SteveVHT

The G Force is far better, but costs alot more.

There are many more options and the sound quality is much better overall.

Steve

TC Electronic say that the processors/sound quality is the same between the G force and G major, the difference lies in the level of manipulation available in the G force?? Anyway, I have a G major and I think the sounds are excellent!