toadworks pedals and other question

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Autopilot is right. The Death Rattle is an outstanding pedal. I'm using a '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue because love its clean sound, but hadn't had much luck getting a decent dirty sound out of it. I have gone through a number of new and vintage dirt boxes and was even considering selling some of my gear to come up with the $$$ to add another amp to my rig just for the dirty sound. Then by pure chance I ran across this pedal and after a few minutes of playing my dilemma was solved.

I'm sure the "tone-guru's" could dis this pedal for one thing or another but all I know is I have the sweetest clean tone that I've ever been able to get and several fantastic dirty sounds without having to lug around two amps.

• Members

I don't know which version of the Death Rattle you guys are talking about, but I do know this: I have the Death Rattle v2 and while I'm not all that impressed with the Plexi circuit, (I've never played a real Plexi so I wouldn't know how close to the mark the DR really is) the Tweed circuit is just silky smooth sweet overdrive at its best. Kick in the boost when you're on the Tweed and it gets even better. I've yet to try an overdrive pedal that sounds better than this.

There is a version 3 now which according to Ryan has an even better Tweed circuit AND the option of clean or fat boost.

Hey Ryan, hows about I send you my v2 for your v3? :idea: You know you need someone to pimp your products around these here parts... :p

• Members
Originally posted by karmacowboy67

I don't know which version of the Death Rattle you guys are talking about, but I do know this: I have the Death Rattle v2 and while I'm not all that impressed with the Plexi circuit, (I've never played a real Plexi so I wouldn't know how close to the mark the DR really is) the Tweed circuit is just silky smooth sweet overdrive at its best. Kick in the boost when you're on the Tweed and it gets even better. I've yet to try an overdrive pedal that sounds better than this.

There is a version 3 now which according to Ryan has an even better Tweed circuit AND the option of clean or fat boost.

Hey Ryan, hows about I send you my v2 for your v3?
:idea:
You know you need someone to pimp your products around these here parts...
:p

Actually, the Death Rattle vIII only has a CLEAN boost - However, we added a mini toggle switch so that you can use the boost either PRE or POST overdrive.... to my knowledge, no other Dual OD has this feature.

And yes, the new Tweed circuit is awesome... and the combination of the new Tweed circuit at low gain combined with the boost (pre-OD) is... well, I'll put it up against anything - ANYTHING. It's quite simply the best dual OD ever created.

Obviously I'm feeling very confident today.

• Members

Originally posted by karmacowboy67

I stand corrected. Still, I couldn't help noticing how that last part of my post didn't receive any comment at all...

Seriously, is version 3 out yet? Most Toadworks retailers don't seem to carry it?

Oh, sorry, I got carried away.

Unfortunately, we can't upgrade the DR vII to vIII, they are simply too different.

But the vIII is definitely out in stores.

Archived