Tony Iommi use fuzz?

Makarovii

• Members

My understanding was always that Iommi used a Rangemaster, which is a treble booster with some boost/fuzz qualities to it (it contains germanium transistors, blah blah). It would've pushed his Laney (or Orange) into drive heaven.

A random DOD fuzz pedal is probably not really going to do the trick, imho.

• Members

Originally posted by FuzzBass

damn it,

sorry, I missed the words early 70s

I still think its probably the amps

thats twice I've messed up with guitar geek, ill stop with using those.

No sweat...that's how he gets that sound NOW. I, for one, would rather have a guitar, a couple of pedals, and some REALLY LOUD AMPS rather than having to navigate through all those rack patches all the time.

• Members

SG with P90s, Laney Supergroup Amps, Rangemaster Treble Booster, Colorsound Wah and his "fingers". That's what he used on the 1st album, with exception of a Strat on part of Wicked Women I believe. I believe it's the white Strat he used with Jethro Tull on the Stone's Rock and Roll Circus.

• Members
Originally posted by Makarovii

This rig is dated 1971. I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative.
;)

blacksabbath_toni_1971.gif

Parapedal didn't come out till the mid 70s I believe. Good luck finding one anyway. Even the Chicago Iron clone is incredibly expensive. I think the Plexi Palace still has a late 60s 100 watt Supergroup Head for sale. Last time I checked it was a bit over a grand. :love:

• Members

something that's kind of surprising

Tubes WILL sound like a fuzztone when pushed hard enough, and they do a better job of it than something like a fuzzface can do, because you've got all the elements of the tube OD AND the squisy gainfrezny of a fuzz

Archived