Best Wah and Auto Wah Pedal There Is?

PRSnotPOS

• Members

Please recommend me the best wah and auto wah pedal there is. Please give me the official name so I can google it (no abbreviations). And please don't just f*cking recommend what you are using. Try to be as impartial as possible. Also, are auto-wahs also called envelope filters (j/w)? Thank you.

• Members

I'm using an Ibanez AF-9, so I'll recommend that. :p

If you want the best auto-wah, look for a Mutron III. Best wah, I'll go Teese RMC3. You won't be dissapointed with either of those.

And yes, auto wahs, auto filters, envelope filters, all pretty much the same idea.

• Members

Originally posted by PRSnotPOS

Well thank you guys but after doing some research I think the Q-tron is going to be my choice, as soon as I get the money. I'm a poor college student.

Man, I've got a Q-Tron + and it is the total tits man... You won't be disappointed!

• Members
Originally posted by PeelingPaint98

If you can get ahold of one I think the best is the Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter. Sounds about as good as the Mutron in a boss sized enclosure. Or there's always the Lovetone Meatball for the enterprizing minds . . .

I have a very good condish Boss FT-2 that I'll sell ya, or trade. PM me.

• Members

Originally posted by PeelingPaint98

If you can get ahold of one I think the best is the Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter. Sounds about as good as the Mutron in a boss sized enclosure. Or there's always the Lovetone Meatball for the enterprizing minds . . .

I have the FT-2 BOSS pedal. I think it sounds best when used with an adapter. I agree that it sounds "Mutron-ish". It can take a bit to "tweak" it right. Once you get used to "dialing" the pedal in though it sounds great. I use it alot with a clean amp and slight phase shifter tone. Sounds sweet. I scoffed this pedal up last year for only $35. (plus tax)

I also have the AW7 Ibanez auto wah. Not as "musical" sounding as the FT-2 but it has it's moments. The AW7 has built in distortion which makes it fun to fool around with. I got mine used for $15 even.

Archived