Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Wah and Auto Wah Pedal There Is?

Please recommend me the best wah and auto wah pedal there is. Please give me the official name so I can google it (no abbreviations). And please don't just f*cking recommend what you are using. Try to be as impartial as possible. Also, are auto-wahs also called envelope filters (j/w)? Thank you.
    PRS Standard 24
    Traynor Custom Valve 50 BLUE
    YCX12BLUE Extension Cabinet
    Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 Ultra
    Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
    Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
    Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
    Line 6 PODXT

I use the EHX QT. Its teh best pedal ever.

"When Death comes knocking I will open the door, kick him in the balls, and walk into Hell on my own." ~AFG

Good transactions with: FZD, ChristinasDream, NITEFLY182, NixerX, ((echo)), teetop, soholounge, cdyrlund, Douglas858, alexmack, Renfield, Ibenhad, LSMFT6, Altgtr33

My psychedelic prog/doom band
    My Youtube Page

Comment

Maxon/Ibanez AF-9. It's an Auto-Filter, with Low Pass, Band Pass, and High Pass settings. You can adjust the sensitivity, and decay, as well as if you want the envelope to go up or down. Good auto-wah sounds plus a whole lot more.
      Originally posted by GuyaGuy this forum needs less bickering and more group hugs...Great Transactions With: Lorax, SeeMore, wednesdaysworse, themeanreds, Sh333, ohtheant, preservation, inscho, StratAtak83, boneman, sonaboy, ProjectX, Denizen_as, DracoAran, PurpleStrat, Belt, sa1126, comfortablynumb, chrismd465, skitzy, rydia is hot, missfortune, jimihalen, Dega500, brianeharmonjr, CicadaSilence, guitarchaz, ClickyClique

Comment

If you can get ahold of one I think the best is the Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter. Sounds about as good as the Mutron in a boss sized enclosure. Or there's always the Lovetone Meatball for the enterprizing minds . . .
        Happy Transactions With
        shipatsea x3, brianphase90 x2, loofery, losergeek, cusackmusic, angelhair0, medication, yeggmanx, armoredfist316, 3vcos, alex oropeza, slc_dan, 1dzreverenddavidlee, utterhack, tzr, w.a.s., johnrambo, duderanimous, theweight, thriftyshirt, t3ch, sdresdre, 343 Salty Beans, Suilebhain, 6StrngStrangler x2, orange worker, theincredible, mofx4me, solly, slight-return, Heartben, Ste man, RuggerHann, Rushfan, Team B, Funky Chowder, Murch33
        Unhappy Transactions With
        jgonzales

Comment

I'm using an Ibanez AF-9, so I'll recommend that.

If you want the best auto-wah, look for a Mutron III. Best wah, I'll go Teese RMC3. You won't be dissapointed with either of those.

And yes, auto wahs, auto filters, envelope filters, all pretty much the same idea.
          Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

Comment

Try the Jaqcues Trinity.
            It can do all: Wah, Auto-Wah, and Envelope Filter.
            http://davidguerra.ca

Comment

try the gig-fx wah.

It does everything you mention and more.......

They sell them on musiciansfriend mow..........
              no signature required....

Comment

Well thank you guys but after doing some research I think the Q-tron is going to be my choice, as soon as I get the money. I'm a poor college student.
                PRS Standard 24
                Traynor Custom Valve 50 BLUE
                YCX12BLUE Extension Cabinet
                Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 Ultra
                Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
                Boss RC-20XL Loop Station
                Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
                Line 6 PODXT

Comment

Originally posted by PRSnotPOS
                  Well thank you guys but after doing some research I think the Q-tron is going to be my choice, as soon as I get the money. I'm a poor college student.

Man, I've got a Q-Tron + and it is the total tits man... You won't be disappointed!

Comment

Boss AW-2. I know it sounds generic but doesn't generic just mean common, like...the standard?? It's good...
                    Grandpa, life aint happy, and then it's happy, and goes on like that till you die, and you don't know why, and can't ask nobody but God, and he don't say nothin, do he? Jack Kerouac (Pic)

www.myspace.com/theguywhofigureditout

Comment

AW-2
                      -does envelope filter AND modulated wah(auto wah). 2 seperate thing!!
                      Dean V
                      Crybaby Wah> E13 Disaster Fuzz
                      Boss TU-2> Arion Tubulator>
                      USA Big Muff> MXR Chorus>
                      Peavey DDL-3 Delay
                      Crate SOLID STATE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeelingPaint98
                        If you can get ahold of one I think the best is the Boss FT-2 Dynamic Filter. Sounds about as good as the Mutron in a boss sized enclosure. Or there's always the Lovetone Meatball for the enterprizing minds . . .
                        I have a very good condish Boss FT-2 that I'll sell ya, or trade. PM me.
                        RECENT DEALS ck3 x2) Verence x3) RedsFan75, budkingston, atrox, Senor Limpio, ThudMaker, darkmonohue, vidiot72 x2) jthomas, fenderthrupeave, seveneyes, TheFantod -> 2011 sh333

NEOVIN 7 & TECH 21/SANSAMP BLONDE YOUTUBE DEMO

MY ROCK FILM trailer/DVD Amazon download page

MY RECORD CO: HGR Records--BEST UTAH METAL

GEARWIRE MVP Bio & fav HC links, My Bi-Monthly Review Column, 12-7

Comment

Originally posted by PeelingPaint98

I have the FT-2 BOSS pedal. I think it sounds best when used with an adapter. I agree that it sounds "Mutron-ish". It can take a bit to "tweak" it right. Once you get used to "dialing" the pedal in though it sounds great. I use it alot with a clean amp and slight phase shifter tone. Sounds sweet. I scoffed this pedal up last year for only $35. (plus tax)

I also have the AW7 Ibanez auto wah. Not as "musical" sounding as the FT-2 but it has it's moments. The AW7 has built in distortion which makes it fun to fool around with. I got mine used for $15 even.

Comment

I love the mini qtron, wouldn't say no to qtron+

Comment

TW-1

Comment

Working...
                              X