No announcement yet.

Fulltone OCD vs. Boss BD-2 Blues Driver

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone OCD vs. Boss BD-2 Blues Driver

I need an overdrive and am considering these pedals. Which one do you think is the best for the sound, value, etc.?
    Guitars: 2007 Fender Classic Player '60s Strat; 2006 Ibanez PF5ECENT A/E
    Amps: Vox AD30VT; Crate Taos CA30DG
    Pedals: Planet Waves Pedal Tuner, Vox V847, Visual Sound Route 66, Ibanez AD-9, Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe

The OCD is a killer OD. Best sound for money would be the Boss OD-3. I can get OCD type tones from it. Used they are around $45. Best OD pedal Boss makes IMHO.

Jack
    ...weak with evil and broken by the world.

Comment

I think the OCD blows away the blues driver. It is a terrific OD. If you can afford it I would definitely go with the Fulltone.

Comment

Originally posted by Janglin_Jack
        The OCD is a killer OD. Best sound for money would be the Boss OD-3. I can get OCD type tones from it. Used they are around $45. Best OD pedal Boss makes IMHO.

Jack

Does the pedal clean up well with the guitar's volume turned down?
        Pedals: Planet Waves Pedal Tuner, Vox V847, Visual Sound Route 66, Ibanez AD-9, Voodoo Lab Micro Vibe

Comment

Fulltone would piss all over boss anyday

Comment

I have the OCD, and really like the pedal. I haven't tried a BD, but the times I've heard it, I liked it's tones. Not sure they do the same sound, though.

Boss pedals aren't bad, although I would use looper bypass boxes if you had more than two of them.

Actually, the majority of my pedalboard is Fulltone stuff. Great quality, true bypass, that's available from local stores.
            -------------------------------------------------
            Justin Thyme

"Of all the things I've lost in my life...
            I miss my mind the most."

Comment

whats the differneces between a fulltone OCD and a crowther Hotcake?

Comment

OCD for sure. Its really in a different league than the BD-2. In fact somebody did a comparison between teh Box of Rock the OCD a Shredmaster or Guv'nor or something like that and the OCD could get those Marshall in a box type sounds no problem even.

The BD-2 is a great pedal for the money, and with mods it can be even better, but even then the OCD is what I would go with.
                Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikoo69
                  whats the differneces between a fulltone OCD and a crowther Hotcake?

Start your own thread about the crowther hot cake. This is about the OCD and BD-2.

Pfft, thread hijackers.

Comment

chill out bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke m-s
                      Fulltone would piss all over boss anyday

Now you're just believing the hype. Ive played the OCD and its a good pedal, but its not some new invention and personally, Id rather use a Tubescreamer style pedal.

Comment

Try a Keeley BD-2 phat mod
                        Fender Bassman 59RI LTD Amp EH Stereo Cathedral Reverb Fulltone GT-500 Fulltone FD-2 Maxon CS-550 Stereo Chorus Fender 2004 50 th Anniversary Stratocaster

Comment

Originally posted by jconway

Does the pedal clean up well with the guitar's volume turned down?

I set my pedals and go. I use a volume pedal after the dirt pedals, so I don't do a lot of volume knob work to affect the distortion units. If I get to it, I will try it, but I am sure someone else works them this way and can comment.

The OCD takes boosting very well, from my Katana Clean boost and Barber LTD. So I know that one will clean up based on volume changes. I am not positive about OD-3.

Jack
                          ...weak with evil and broken by the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikoo69
                            chill out bro.

Please adjust sarcasm detector.
                            Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

Comment

can any of these pedals do radiohead bends era distortion??

Comment

Working...
                              X