Ahem.....FUZZ LOVERS...

GRINGO_LOCO

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Busted! Yeah, I posted before listening. The name and the control layout led me astray...

I really dig the clips - nice playing, nice range of applications, and you've done the one thing people seem to find most difficult: played it clean first so we can actually compare the effected tone!

Nice work all around :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

Busted! Yeah, I posted before listening. The name and the control layout led me astray...

I really dig the clips - nice playing, nice range of applications, and you've done the one thing people seem to find most difficult: played it clean first so we can actually compare the effected tone!

Nice work all around
:thu:

Thanks.

I never understood why people don't use a "clean tone" for reference.

• Members

i really like it.

i think if you are making small numbers of this anyway you should offer it with the knob on top or to the side...

also LEDs are cool man. just make sure they are ultra blindingly bright...

cosmetics aside i think this pedal does what it does really well...

maybe some kind of bias control would be cool (internal maybe?)

cos i imagine that would sound kick ass with a dying battery.

also maybe having a small treble boost circuit put just before the main distortion circuit would be cool
of course make that switchable...

sometimes you need extra treble to cut through.

sounds like it rocks for rhythm at the moment

• Members

Originally posted by GRINGO_LOCO

If i can make time to build some, they'll likely be in the $90-$100 range.

Cool. If there's a list, definitely put me on. I guess I'd be 2nd in line behind 6StrngStrangler.

Couple more questions:

What's the function of the single knob? I'm assuming it's simply fuzz/gain?

And would you be able/willing to move that knob to the face of the pedal and the jacks to the north side of the pedal?

• Members
Originally posted by JDandCoke

i really like it.

i think if you are making small numbers of this anyway you should offer it with the knob on top or to the side...

also LEDs are cool man. just make sure they are ultra blindingly bright...

cosmetics aside i think this pedal does what it does really well...

maybe some kind of bias control would be cool (internal maybe?)

cos i imagine that would sound kick ass with a dying battery.

also maybe having a small treble boost circuit put just before the main distortion circuit would be cool

of course make that switchable...

sometimes you need extra treble to cut through.

sounds like it rocks for rhythm at the moment

I've built lots of pedals with features like that. What ive found, is that many times when you try to make something "versatile", you make it "mediocre". My personal opinion is that I'd much rather have a GREAT "one trick pony".

Besides, adding a bunch of features would add a bunch of price.

That being said, I've got a fuzz I built that has 8 knobs, 3 footswitches, and 2 toggle switches !

Bright LED's = GOOD :)

I like the side knob for a couple of reasons. First, its much harder to accidentally "hit" when you stomp on the pedal. Second, it leaves more room for the graphic. Third, it has a bit more of that "hand grenade" type look. Fourth, it helps "differentiate" it from the "looks" of other pedals out there. But thats just "my opinion". :)

• Members

Originally posted by chump5150

Cool. If there's a list, definitely put me on. I guess I'd be 2nd in line behind 6StrngStrangler.

Couple more questions:

What's the function of the single knob? I'm assuming it's simply fuzz/gain?

And would you be able/willing to move that knob to the face of the pedal and the jacks to the north side of the pedal?

Volume.

It will clean up "some" by rolling back your guitars volume knob, but it's really designed to be a high gain fuzz.

Jacks, maybe. As for the knob,i kind of like it on the side.

• Members
Originally posted by GRINGO_LOCO

Jacks, maybe. As for the knob,i kind of like it on the side.

Would moving the output jack to the same side as the input jack be doable? That would help with space issues and still preserve the unique look of the pedal with the knob on the side... (BTW, I still want one, whatever the answer) :)

• Members
Originally posted by chump5150

Would moving the output jack to the same side as the input jack be doable? That would help with space issues and still preserve the unique look of the pedal with the knob on the side... (BTW, I still want one, whatever the answer)
:)

The jacks could be moved to the top edge of the pedal. That would save a bit of room.

Of course it they could both be on the same side as well.

Archived