pls look my tube distortion effect

mac-guitarist

• Members

hi ,everyone,pls look my tube guitar distortion effect--OTD-100,it is made in China.

Using the classical 12AX7 EH electron tube to make the splendid distortion tone, but is not any "simulate electron tube" or "amplifier simulator"!

Adjusting GAIN, HIGH, BASS can obtain the warm and full overdrive tone, or smooth exquisite, delay SOLO tone, or strong metal tone.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

• Members

I really envy the Chinese. They are sitting on top of an economic engine that will eventually eclipse everything.

Oh, and that is a very nice looking pedal. Nicely engineered board and little touches like hex bolts on the case make it very pretty.

Does the design run the 12AX7 at starved plate voltages? Also I see the SMD opmap there. Is is it pushing the tube or following it?

Good job.

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

I really envy the Chinese. They are sitting on top of an economic engine that will eventually eclipse everything.

Oh, and that is a very nice looking pedal. Nicely engineered board and little touches like hex bolts on the case make it very pretty.

Does the design run the 12AX7 at starved plate voltages? Also I see the SMD opmap there. Is is it pushing the tube or following it?

Good job.

Yah see, I look at the board design, as a former engineer and board designer, and I cringe.

Everything but the stompswitch is board-mounted: robust it is not.

PCB-PCB adapter for the tube is begging for microphonics.

The carved groundplane looks cool, but I've seen it cause

parasitic noise in many audio circuits.

The SMD opamp is WACK, imho, as there's no WAY to swap one out if you wanted to experiment with different opamps, 741-stylee.

Just sayin.

• Members

Originally posted by mac-guitarist

hi ,everyone,pls look my tube guitar distortion effect--OTD-100,it is made in China.

Using the classical 12AX7 EH electron tube to make the splendid distortion tone, but is not any "simulate electron tube" or "amplifier simulator"!

Adjusting GAIN, HIGH, BASS can obtain the warm and full overdrive tone, or smooth exquisite, delay SOLO tone, or strong metal tone.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Nee hao:wave:

• Members

I hear you. Most mass market stuff is built with pcb-mounted jacks and pots. Since they are physically attached to the enclosure, they don't represent as much of a problem.

The DC jack is terrible. Why do companies still do that? I've had a high-end Toshiba laptop fail just because of the dc jack soldered to the board.

As for the SMD opamp, that's pretty much par for the course. I don't think volume-oriented manufacturers even think about being mod-friendly.

I was comparing it against what I can do in my basement:

tubester.jpg

:)

Originally posted by lefort_1

Yah see, I look at the board design, as a former engineer and board designer, and I cringe.

Everything but the stompswitch is board-mounted: robust it is not.

PCB-PCB adapter for the tube is begging for microphonics.

The carved groundplane looks cool, but I've seen it cause

parasitic noise in many audio circuits.

The SMD opamp is WACK, imho, as there's no WAY to swap one out if you wanted to experiment with different opamps, 741-stylee.

Just sayin.

• Members

Good job.

You envy the Chinese? Was it the brutally overbearing government, the overpopulation, the massive polution problems, the lack of respect for human rights, or just the fact the average Chinese worker, in whose name their "communist" revolution was waged, will be the first to get steamrolled by this "economic engine", a device fueled by unfair trade practices, criminally neglectful environmental policies, slave-labor level wages / living conditions, and political coercion, and which functions primarily to harness these forces for the purpose of making a select, dictatorial few lords over a nation of billions? What's happening in China today can be likened to what happened in the U.S. during the industrial revolution, only on a scale many times more massive and controled by a government that not only wasn't founded upon the idea that humans posses basic, inalienable rights, but also posses nuclear weapons.

• Members

Originally posted by Televator

You envy the Chinese? Was it the brutally overbearing government, the overpopulation, the massive polution problems, the lack of respect for human rights, or just the fact the average Chinese worker, in whose name their "communist" revolution was waged, will be the first to get steamrolled by this "economic engine", a device fueled by unfair trade practices, criminally neglectful environmental policies, slave-labor level wages / living conditions, and political coercion, and which functions primarily to harness these forces for the purpose of making a select, dictatorial few lords over a nation of billions? What's happening in China today can be likened to what happened in the U.S. during the industrial revolution, only on a scale many times more massive and controled by a government that not only wasn't founded upon the idea that humans posses basic, inalienable rights, but also posses nuclear weapons.

Yep, sound just like the United states in the 1800's. No worker rights. Oppresive corporate bullying. Things out of balance. Just like China today, except replace corporations with an oppressive government.

If on the other hand, you take the long view, you'd envy the Chinese *people* also.

• Members

Crap, name already used
:(
I'll come up with a new one.

It's not a clone of anything.

LOL!!

I'd bet there's room in the Hot Chilis box for BOTH of them!

got a tube lineup for your tubester?

I'm thinking I see 2 12a-7's and a pair of ????????

Inquiring minds want to know!

• Members

Originally posted by lefort_1

LOL!!

I'd bet there's room in the Hot Chilis box for BOTH of them!

got a tube lineup for your tubester?

I'm thinking I see 2 12a-7's and a pair of ????????

Inquiring minds want to know!

4 12AJ6's gently pushing each other into overdrive. The idea is get them the clip gracefully instead of just slamming a 12AX7 with an opamp. Just got the basic wiring done last night, but the 12v regulator go wired in backwards. Too tired to continue, so I'll have to wait until tonight to see if it works.

• Members

I hear you. Most mass market stuff is built with pcb-mounted jacks and pots. Since they are physically attached to the enclosure, they don't represent as much of a problem.

The DC jack is terrible. Why do companies still do that? I've had a high-end Toshiba laptop fail just because of the dc jack soldered to the board.

As for the SMD opamp, that's pretty much par for the course. I don't think volume-oriented manufacturers even think about being mod-friendly.

I was comparing it against what I can do in my basement:

tubester.jpg

Where did you get those little smooth metal knobs, they look really classy.

• Members

12AJ6
. Space-charge tube.

It is cascading.

Sweet little tube! I like hearing about auto-type tubes,

they're pretty robust, accept any mounting position, take abuse

well....and usually there's a bunch of them left in old service racks

and in Ham-estate-sales.

:thu: Thanks!

Archived