Full video of Saddam's execution..

comfortablynumb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by murch33

That is some third world camera work. You'd think they'd maybe spring for something more than the camera-phone treatment.

it seems like the cameraman's doing it on the sly. he keeps filming the ground as if tucking away the camera to avoid being noticed.

• Members

I'm not so sure death was the right verdict here. I mean sure he's scum, and he's gone from the world now, but that's just it. He's dead. He's basically escaped years of hatred and humiliation by being locked up for the rest of his life and knowing that he was found hiding in a little hole like a dog with his tail between his legs. Maybe this will give the victims' families some sort of closure, but in a few years (months,weeks) he'll be forgotten and replaced by news like spray-on condoms and how burger king is ruining children these days. He's a flavor of the week, a joke.

-Just sayin'

Steven

• Members

Originally posted by StevoHuff

I'm not so sure death was the right verdict here. I mean sure he's scum, and he's gone from the world now, but that's just it. He's dead. He's basically escaped years of hatred and humiliation by being locked up for the rest of his life and knowing that he was found hiding in a little hole like a dog with his tail between his legs. Maybe this will give the victims' families some sort of closure, but in a few years (months,weeks) he'll be forgotten and replaced by news like spray-on condoms and how burger king is ruining children these days. He's a flavor of the week, a joke.

-Just sayin'

Steven

Can't say I really disagree,there.

• Members
Originally posted by StevoHuff

-Just sayin'

Steven

just like you said, in a few years, he will be forgotten. Just like he should. I hope no one remembers his name. Yes i hope people remember the victims and what not, but I hope saddam just fades into oblivion. I was pissed that he made the front page of the paper. He should have been in a little section near the obitaries imo.

• Members

you're right on the money there StevoHuff, but the thing I found worst was that he was executed as a martyr, right down to the insistance of taking with him a copy of the koran. He's died a hero's death in the eyes of many, one he by no means whatsoever deserved. Really, he should've just been left to rot in a prison cell. Seems to me a far more undignified, but best of all, just way to go.

Archived