No announcement yet.

best noise canceling pedal...

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best noise canceling pedal...

Im sure this has been asked but its either get new pickups in my tele or get a pedal to kill the 60Hz hum. Which pedal is that best at this?
    MIM Fender Telecaster

1964 Silvertone 1484
    Modded EPI Valve Jr combo
    Roland MicroCube

EH Big Muff
    EH Nano Muff
    Bad Monkey
    EH Holy Grail
    MXR Phaser 90
    BOSS OS-2
    Rocktron Big Crush

or...NEITHER
    http://www.myspace.com/monocityvibe

Comment

some here will vote the isp decimator. personally i haven't tried it, but i have used the boss ns-2.. didn't work for me at all.
      yamaholic

member of the SG army

Comment

The NS-2 and the ISP Noise Decimator are two completely different beasts. The NS-2 is more for effects nuts, such as myself, so I can run all my pedals in the loop and reduce the hum that running my signal through all the pedals causes and it also helps my amp's hum, to an extent. The ISP is more for guitarists who get hum more so from their amp than their signal chain. But remember, sometimes, the hum you're getting comes from outside sources and from improper grounding of your amp.
        Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter

SELL ME YOUR M9

Comment

mxr micro amp.

turned to zero.

try sheiding your guitar, or not playing near your computer monitor.
          my posts must be read using the voice of Deguello's
          'Manic Mechanic,' or that of Abe Vigoda.

A+ deals: jimihalen, valvedriventone, fireincairo, kha02a, loosegroove, josh33,
          nbabmf, comfortablynumb, mofx4me, snail killer, arrmatey,
          unkle slam, armoredfist316, 1DZReverendDavidLee,
          freeridstylee, a few more...

11-2-09 --> meet hbar re: imaginary molecular thingy

Comment

the guitar for sure. I plugged it in to my epi valve jr and I head the hum, but just barely. I was at my guitar teacher's lesson room and running to a cube 15 and definitely heard it. I then tried it through an orange ad30 combo I wanted to try and heard it again. Its just the nature of the beast with single coils I guess. Maybe I should switch the pickups after all.
            MIM Fender Telecaster

1964 Silvertone 1484
            Modded EPI Valve Jr combo
            Roland MicroCube

EH Big Muff
            EH Nano Muff
            Bad Monkey
            EH Holy Grail
            MXR Phaser 90
            BOSS OS-2
            Rocktron Big Crush

Comment

Honestly? I love Zoom's noise reduction. I feel that it does the best job out of any of the NR pedals I've ever used at cutting out noise/hum/whatever without affecting my picking dynamics, transients, and sustain on long note tails. However, only recently in my (likely unpopular) opinion have their units really come of age in terms of overall utility, and those are still either too expensive to bother with for casual use when shielding is so much cheaper or too MFX digital to receive much of a recommendation if all you need is noise reduction.

If they've got a standalone "Zoom Noise reduction" pedal, I don't know about it, but I'd buy one.

I like the Boss NS-2 for removing effects pedal noise, but it won't kill single coil hum if the hum is loud.
              www.WamplerPedals.com (as of Dec. 2010) Questions or comments? Contact us!
              Jeff@WamplerPedals.com

"Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun." - Aedes

Comment

Originally posted by suxatguitar
                the guitar for sure. I plugged it in to my epi valve jr and I head the hum, but just barely. I was at my guitar teacher's lesson room and running to a cube 15 and definitely heard it. I then tried it through an orange ad30 combo I wanted to try and heard it again. Its just the nature of the beast with single coils I guess. Maybe I should switch the pickups after all.

single-coil pickups hum, its the nature of the beast (in general). humbuckers buck the hum. swapping pups aint gonna do too much on its own, unless you put in something quite different than whats in there now.

check this out, even if its not something you wanna do, at least you'll see exactly whats going on.

my posts must be read using the voice of Deguello's
                'Manic Mechanic,' or that of Abe Vigoda.

A+ deals: jimihalen, valvedriventone, fireincairo, kha02a, loosegroove, josh33,
                nbabmf, comfortablynumb, mofx4me, snail killer, arrmatey,
                unkle slam, armoredfist316, 1DZReverendDavidLee,
                freeridstylee, a few more...

11-2-09 --> meet hbar re: imaginary molecular thingy

Comment

Working...
                X