Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

best noise canceling pedal...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best noise canceling pedal...

Im sure this has been asked but its either get new pickups in my tele or get a pedal to kill the 60Hz hum. Which pedal is that best at this?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">MIM Fender Telecaster <br />
    <br />
    1964 Silvertone 1484<br />
    Modded EPI Valve Jr combo<br />
    Roland MicroCube<br />
    <br />
    EH Big Muff<br />
    EH Nano Muff<br />
    Bad Monkey<br />
    EH Holy Grail<br />
    MXR Phaser 90<br />
    BOSS OS-2<br />
    Rocktron Big Crush</div>

or...NEITHER
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><a href="http://www.myspace.com/monocityvibe" target="_blank"><font color="#333333">http://www.myspace.com/monocityvibe</font></a></font></div>

Comment

some here will vote the isp decimator. personally i haven't tried it, but i have used the boss ns-2.. didn't work for me at all.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">yamaholic</font><br />
      <br />
      <font size="1">member of the SG army</font></div>

Comment

The NS-2 and the ISP Noise Decimator are two completely different beasts. The NS-2 is more for effects nuts, such as myself, so I can run all my pedals in the loop and reduce the hum that running my signal through all the pedals causes and it also helps my amp's hum, to an extent. The ISP is more for guitarists who get hum more so from their amp than their signal chain. But remember, sometimes, the hum you're getting comes from outside sources and from improper grounding of your amp.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Blue">Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter</font><br />
        <br />
        <b>SELL ME YOUR M9</b></div>

Comment

mxr micro amp.

turned to zero.

try sheiding your guitar, or not playing near your computer monitor.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">my posts <b>must</b> be read using the voice of <i>Deguello</i>'s <br />
          'Manic Mechanic,' or that of Abe Vigoda. <br />
          <br />
          <br />
          A+ deals: jimihalen, valvedriventone, fireincairo, kha02a, loosegroove, josh33,<br />
          nbabmf, comfortablynumb, mofx4me, snail killer, arrmatey, <br />
          unkle slam, armoredfist316, 1DZReverendDavidLee, <br />
          freeridstylee, a few more...<br />
          <br />
          11-2-09 --&gt; meet hbar re: imaginary molecular thingy</font></div>

Comment

the guitar for sure. I plugged it in to my epi valve jr and I head the hum, but just barely. I was at my guitar teacher's lesson room and running to a cube 15 and definitely heard it. I then tried it through an orange ad30 combo I wanted to try and heard it again. Its just the nature of the beast with single coils I guess. Maybe I should switch the pickups after all.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">MIM Fender Telecaster <br />
            <br />
            1964 Silvertone 1484<br />
            Modded EPI Valve Jr combo<br />
            Roland MicroCube<br />
            <br />
            EH Big Muff<br />
            EH Nano Muff<br />
            Bad Monkey<br />
            EH Holy Grail<br />
            MXR Phaser 90<br />
            BOSS OS-2<br />
            Rocktron Big Crush</div>

Comment

Honestly? I love Zoom's noise reduction. I feel that it does the best job out of any of the NR pedals I've ever used at cutting out noise/hum/whatever without affecting my picking dynamics, transients, and sustain on long note tails. However, only recently in my (likely unpopular) opinion have their units really come of age in terms of overall utility, and those are still either too expensive to bother with for casual use when shielding is so much cheaper or too MFX digital to receive much of a recommendation if all you need is noise reduction.

If they've got a standalone "Zoom Noise reduction" pedal, I don't know about it, but I'd buy one.

I like the Boss NS-2 for removing effects pedal noise, but it won't kill single coil hum if the hum is loud.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div align="right"><div align="left"><b><a href="http://www.wamplerpedals.com/" target="_blank"><font size="2"><font color="RoyalBlue"><font color="black">www.</font></font></font><font size="2"><font color="RoyalBlue">WamplerPedals</font></font><font size="2"><font color="RoyalBlue"><font color="black">.com</font></font></font></a></b><font size="1"> (as of Dec. 2010) </font></div><div align="left"><font size="2"><font color="RoyalBlue"><i><font color="black">Questions or comments? </font></i></font></font><a href="http://www.wamplerpedals.com/contact-us.html" target="_blank"><font size="2"><font color="RoyalBlue"><font color="black">Contact us!</font></font></font></a><br />
              </div> </div><div align="left"><a href="mailto:jeff@wamplerpedals.com"><i>Jeff@Wampl erPedals.com</i></a> <br />
              </div><div align="left"><b><font size="1"><br />
              <br />
              </font></b><div align="right"><a href="http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2741588-Guess-Whose-Back-%29-A-LiL-Taste-Into-My-Little-World...&amp;p=42163565#post42163565" target="_blank">&quot;Agreed is like a hummingbird with a shotgun.&quot; - Aedes</a><br />
              </div></div></div>

Comment

Originally posted by suxatguitar
                the guitar for sure. I plugged it in to my epi valve jr and I head the hum, but just barely. I was at my guitar teacher's lesson room and running to a cube 15 and definitely heard it. I then tried it through an orange ad30 combo I wanted to try and heard it again. Its just the nature of the beast with single coils I guess. Maybe I should switch the pickups after all.

single-coil pickups hum, its the nature of the beast (in general). humbuckers buck the hum. swapping pups aint gonna do too much on its own, unless you put in something quite different than whats in there now.

check this out, even if its not something you wanna do, at least you'll see exactly whats going on.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">my posts <b>must</b> be read using the voice of <i>Deguello</i>'s <br />
                'Manic Mechanic,' or that of Abe Vigoda. <br />
                <br />
                <br />
                A+ deals: jimihalen, valvedriventone, fireincairo, kha02a, loosegroove, josh33,<br />
                nbabmf, comfortablynumb, mofx4me, snail killer, arrmatey, <br />
                unkle slam, armoredfist316, 1DZReverendDavidLee, <br />
                freeridstylee, a few more...<br />
                <br />
                11-2-09 --&gt; meet hbar re: imaginary molecular thingy</font></div>

Comment

Working...
                X