On the Digitech Whammy pedal is it possible to adjust the pedal resistance?

Avenite

• Members

I am thinking about getting a Digitech Whammy pedal (MAYBE a Digitech EX-7 just for the whammy) and the one I tried in the store had a lot of resistance on the pedal, is it possible to loosen it to get it to move quicker, like an actual whammy bar?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

• Members

A whammy bar doesn't resist with the same tension throughout its range of motion.

My suggestion: Try a real Whammy, they sound better, are (probably) much more configurable and can be had for roughly the same price.

Oh, and neither will return to pitch like a whammy bar will. It won't replace a whammy bar - it's an effect, and it sounds like an effect.

• Members

I don't think I want to install a whammy bar on my guitar (I will eventually get a new guitar, and will probably get one with a whammy), which is why I am considering this pedal.

I have tried this pedal, and I have tried an actual whammy bar, and the bar moves much quicker than the pedal, so can I somehow loosen the pedal?

• Members

The bar moves based on its adjustment along with the guage of strings and the tuning you are using.

As for the pedal, the only way to tell is to take it apart and see how it works mechanically. It probably resists more than because it's new and not 'broken in'. It probably won't take you long to get used to the "feel" of whatever you end up getting anyway.

• Members

I am thinking about getting a Digitech Whammy pedal (MAYBE a Digitech EX-7 just for the whammy) and the one I tried in the store had a lot of resistance on the pedal, is it possible to loosen it to get it to move quicker, like an actual whammy bar?

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Are we/you talking about the red Digitech Whammy that Jack White & Tom Morello use ???

. . . or something else ?

• Members

I have never loosened mine up but it looks like it should be possible as there is a bolt and nut that goes through the axis where the pedal joins the base. Ask the dudes at the shop to loosen it so you can "try before you buy." But be ready to buy it if it works OK.

:);):wave:

• Members

Yes I am, why?

Because then i can give you an answer :idea:

Neither Q20 nor DW40 will help, it does not matter how mcu of that stuff you spray on it, but . . .

. . . two ratchet-spanners will be a god-sent !

Mine was as tight as hell (wayy tighters than my first gf's @r . . . never mind), and the sales clerk told me, not to worry as you have to use it alot, and it will loosen over time - phuckin idiot !!!

A few months later, i was sick of this over tight action, and got the ratchet set out !

One on each side, one to hold the bolt in place and the other one to turn it !

*** BINGO !!! ***

Now i have anyamount of stifnes that i want !

I prefer it on the loose side, about the same as any other Dunlop Wah for that matter ! But you can tighten it more if you so want !

Leave the spray's and get the sockets out !

You can thank me later :thu:

• Members

Uh.. the more you play it the more it loosens up (or you get used to it) in my experience anyway. Works like a dream.

. . . mmmmmm :rolleyes: - do you work in a guitar store ?

EDIT :

Is that a flat-chested chick in your avatar ?

I seriously do not know if it is an almost sexy chick w. no tits, or a boy that looks like a girl !

• Members

. . . mmmmmm
:rolleyes:
- do you work in a guitar store ?

EDIT :

Is that a flat-chested chick in your avatar ?

I seriously do not know if it is an almost sexy chick w. no tits, or a boy that looks like a girl !

No i'm just saying the more I've played it, the better it's become, jeez.

And that's Daniel Johns.

Archived