Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Tube Screamer alternative

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Screamer alternative

Do you know any OD pedals that sound similar to the tube screamer but are less expensive?

Cheers.

never played one, but I hear digitech has a pretty nice OD for the $$$, called the Bad Monkey - I think it's like 40 bucks.

Comment

The Bad Monkey doesn't have a TS tone though, does it?

never played one, but I hear digitech has a pretty nice OD for the $$$, called the Bad Monkey - I think it's like 40 bucks.

Comment

i'm not sure if it's cheaper (but it may be).. the mi audio blue boy deluxe is a ts clone IIRC. it's nice. i like.
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1">yamaholic</font><br />
        <br />
        <font size="1">member of the SG army</font></div>

Comment

TS-7?
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><br />
          Current Set-up:<br />
          Strat Plus<br />
          USA Tele<br />
          DeArmond Jetstar<br />
          <br />
          BYOC Wah &gt; Fuzz Factory &gt; Ibanez CP-9 &gt; Fulltone FD2 Mosfet &gt; Rat &gt; DD-5 &gt; DOD FX40B &gt; SMM w/ Haz <br />
          <br />
          Dr. Z Maz 18<br />
          Mesa/Boogie DC-2 <br />
          <br />
          </font></div>

Comment

This was floating around a while back. Check it out, side by side of the Ibanez TS 808 vs. Behringer TO 800.

http://www.webphases.com/simon/TS808%20Vs%20TO800.mp3

Whattya think? I think the Behringer is going for $29.
            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="navy"><font face="comic sans"><b><font face="Tahoma"><font size="1">Reverend RoundHouse<br />
            Squier Standard Vintage Series<br />
            Schecter C-1 Classic<br />
            Epi Wildkat<br />
            Korina '58 Explorer<br />
            <br />
            Peavey Classic 30 + 112E cab + 410E cab<br />
            <br />
            I'LL SWAP MY CHEAP STRAT FOR YOUR CHEAP TELE!!<br />
            <br />
            <font size="2"><font color="DarkSlateGray">Mazi Bee Militia</font></font><br />
            </font></font></b></font></font><br />
            <font face="Century Gothic"><font color="DarkRed"><font size="1">Straight up deals with : Natasmi, Breed, BJCarl, Corky McGee, Vintage Clubber, GuitarPlayer, Airship71, Mister Crow, lowbrow, ert, KidVybes, parrothdmark, Solly, Mazi Bee, JMGruber, Tweedledee, Awdwon, CrxshDxmmy, Belt, Fusion1, Twisty571, williamh, sa116, TOCS100</font></font></font></div>

Comment

Wow! Dude, I think my search is over. Thanks

This was floating around a while back. Check it out, side by side of the Ibanez TS 808 vs. Behringer TO 800.

Comment

btw do you have a link to the forum thread for that comparison?

Comment

The Bad Monkey doesn't have a TS tone though, does it?

No just a hell of a lot better.
                  Originally Posted by DToad:

Lets face it- today's GOP is all about the richest one percent exploiting the dumbest fifty percent.

Comment

i have a bad monkey, and it is pretty awesome, regardless of price.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font size="1"><b>good deals:</b> fuzztone, thefragile103, schecterc1lh, mr_goodbomb, 4nkam, twofoolsaminute, jackpotjewell, alecto, brianwahl, AngelofHop, KjStrat62.<br />
                    <br />
                    interviewer: Do you feel like there’s any definitive sound that you’ve been solidifying over your career?<br />
                    <br />
                    thom yorke: I f***ing hope not.<br />
                    </font></div>

Comment

Get the TS-7. I have one and love it.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Blue">Good business with: echoes22, brianeharmonjr, antiochband, tsunamijesus, duncan, cakebakist, Anderer, bass_econo, talic, senor penguin and jamesreuter</font><br />
                      <br />
                      <b>SELL ME YOUR M9</b></div>

Comment

Working...
                      X