SOnic Boom of Spacemen3 just asked me to play a Japanese Show with him!

seifukusha

• Members

234253807_l.jpgSonic Boom with opening act So Young, 2007 Japan Tour

just think. faints in anticipation. dont know if it could go down, but still, just the honor of being personally selected by SONIC {censored}IN BOOM! to tour with in Japan, i can stop music right now.

and by the way, this is all because of myspace, anyone who says myspace doesnt work for musicians...

• Members
He was in SPACEMEN3 and SonicBoom

That's out-freakin'-standing, dude. I'm stoked for you. I saw SonicBoom open for the Lips in Cincy once. He played a stage full of hot-rodded math wizard toys for a half hour. :eek:

It was intense. Hope your gigs are even better.

• Members

and by the way, this is all because of myspace, anyone who says myspace doesnt work for musicians...

Agreed...I credit my band's modest 'career' (ha) to myspace...we've met many cool bands and gotten many gigs from that place.

Did you write him on there, or what? How did he find you? Just checking out your music?

• Members

He was down at the venue where I work last sunday, opening for Cluster.

To be honest, he was a bit rude. I was on my nicest behavior and proved to be a bit rude. I take it that it was due to stress so I kept my nice behavior. Everything went well and the gig was interesting.

Not really my cup of tea but quite interesting sound-wise.

• Members

it works for plenty of things. i met and had a lovely relationship with a photographer/model via myspace a year or two back. i was skeptical, but hell, it was worth it. :wave:

congrats seif.

• Members

it works for plenty of things. i met and had a lovely relationship with a photographer/model via myspace a year or two back. i was skeptical, but hell, it was worth it. :wave:

congrats seif.

• Members

Congrats man, that should be really cool. He came to my town about ten years ago performing as E.A.R. My then band played a few shows with him and I put him up at my place for a few days. If you're into the eighties, psychedelic, brit-alt, shoegaze, madchester, stuff, Sonic's a genuine part of that lineage. He knows, and is one of, the musicians I've admired since my teens. Have fun!

Archived