Come be with us...R.I.P. Norman

seifukusha

• Members

DSC04681.jpg

April 27, 2007, Friday

We put to rest our beloved pet of 15 years, Norman, yesterday. Black as night, he was a mild-mannered Cockapoo, who was very social and, no matter how expensive the dogfood we got him, loved the $1 stuff and liked to chew on popcorn and spit it out on the carpet. We adopted him from around 6 months, and when Mom brought him home, he came running into the house and jumped into my arms. It seemed like he knew he was finally home. His original names were Pepper (obviously) and TaTa (still don't know why). He was named after the baby calf adopted by Billy Crystal in the movie City Slickers (because they both had those big, shiny eyes). He never bit at anyone nor did he ever mess in the house, which is a feat even I can't claim for myself. He now resides in the beautiful countryside with the rest of God's creatures, so he can forever be going on his beloved walks, smelling everything in sight. We love you, little friend.

A couple of videos I made with my digital camera last Christmas.

• Members

That's really hard :(

when you feel that hole, that change in rhythm - the silence where there should be claw clicking on the floor, that sleeping in instead of taking him outside
feel it and use that to honor his memory - understand through that how he enriches your life...even now

• Members

The old saying dogs are better than humans is very true. They never lie or decieve and are happy just to be with you and for that you know he is still with you, they never leave. You'll hear noises in the house that weren't there before. They are actually angels we get to have for a period of time.

My prayers are with your family at this time.

TheGrooveking

• Members

Sorry to hear about your loss, Seif.

We lost our dog a while ago. We don't have children, so she was like our child. I know it's hard.

Feel better, buddy.

yeah, thanks Gil. Moms taken it harder than me. at least I was able to get some video of him to preserve our little friends memory. I mean, he was by my moms side constantly for like 15 years. Im calling home like 5 times a day.

Shes got a lot of friends keeping her company. Its hard being so far away..

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. He looked like a top fella, Norman. It's devastating when family dogs die - the death is dreadful, and as already observed, the house seems empty without them. I was very reluctant to get a rescue dog my eldest daughter had set her heart on because of this. Still, our Josie is a great dog, and we all adore her.

The small rural hospital I work in encourages patients to have their dogs visit them, as it makes such a difference to their well-being, even in the last stages of life.

• Members

thanks all. actually, i want for us to get another dog and our vet does too. we adopt and need to share our love (Id personally like to have 2). I never think of replacing Normie (which you CANT replace a loved one) but share more of the love that raised him from a pup.

its really hard for my poor mom now....im ok, but still...

• Members

DSC04681.jpg

April 27, 2007, Friday

We put to rest our beloved pet of 15 years, Norman, yesterday. Black as night, he was a mild-mannered Cockapoo, who was very social and, no matter how expensive the dogfood we got him, loved the $1 stuff and liked to chew on popcorn and spit it out on the carpet. We adopted him from around 6 months, and when Mom brought him home, he came running into the house and jumped into my arms. It seemed like he knew he was finally home. His original names were Pepper (obviously) and TaTa (still don't know why). He was named after the baby calf adopted by Billy Crystal in the movie City Slickers (because they both had those big, shiny eyes). He never bit at anyone nor did he ever mess in the house, which is a feat even I can't claim for myself. He now resides in the beautiful countryside with the rest of God's creatures, so he can forever be going on his beloved walks, smelling everything in sight. We love you, little friend.

A couple of videos I made with my digital camera last Christmas.

Norman, our beloved friend, forever immortalized on Youtube.

His welcome home dance...

Hey Joey.

I am so sorry. I did not spot this the other day whenI flashed through.

I feel for you, I really do.

I am so very very sorry for your loss.

:cry:

• Members

thanks all. actually, i want for us to get another dog and our vet does too. we adopt and need to share our love (Id personally like to have 2). I never think of replacing Normie (which you CANT replace a loved one) but share more of the love that raised him from a pup.

its really hard for my poor mom now....im ok, but still...

I dread the day we lose Scoobie. It will be horrible for me BUT it will kill Aurore.

I will need to fill that "void." She may see it as a betrayal or may not be able to handle a new one.

So sorry.

• Members
Hey Joey.

I am so sorry. I did not spot this the other day whenI flashed through.

I feel for you, I really do.

I am so very very sorry for your loss.

:cry:

thank you so much 16. thats very kind of you. i feel your sincerity.
we all love our pets. theyre our family too.

like groove said, theyre angels who visit our meager existences..

• Members

Sorry about the doggy :(

when you feel that hole, that change in rhythm - the silence where there should be claw clicking on the floor, that sleeping in instead of taking him outside

feel it and use that to honor his memory - understand through that how he enriches your life...even now

I had to go hug my puppy after reading that. :cry:

• Members
thank you so much 16. thats very kind of you. i feel your sincerity.

we all love our pets. theyre our family too.

like groove said, theyre angels who visit our meager existences..

Scoobie sees Norman and says he will always be by your side.

4xlnqr7.jpg

:wave:

• Members

man, 16, scooby is so darn cute. how old is he? I told my mom about everyones nice comments and it made her happy. Luckily, were moving house this week and her best friend is helping her out alot, so shes able to keep busy.

she told me they put in the dog door this morning though. she didnt cancel it. we know we will have to get a new bundle of love.

lefty, thats way sad. he and Norman are hanging together now, sniffing things they shouldnt :) 777 thats sad, Our parents near their pets(mine does) me too.

• Members
man, 16, scooby is so darn cute. how old is he? I told my mom about everyones nice comments and it made her happy. Luckily, were moving house this week and her best friend is helping her out alot, so shes able to keep busy.

she told me they put in the dog door this morning though. she didnt cancel it. we know we will have to get a new bundle of love.

lefty, thats way sad. he and Norman are hanging together now, sniffing things they shouldnt
:)
777 thats sad, Our parents near their pets(mine does) me too.

Thanks Joey.

She will be 10 in September.....If we are lucky, 6-8 more years.

I look forward to seeing the pics of the new bundle of joy.

R.I.P little puppy.

Archived