Who here loves drive like jehu?

• Members

This is all the gear I have. a tele,les paul,sg,p90 tele, a big muff,a mxr micro amp, a super overdrive, a blues driver, tubescreamer. a avatar 4x12 with greenbacks, and a jmp mk2 and a sovtek mig 60.

Now help me figure out the best way to get there sound.

• Members

This is all the gear I have. a tele,les paul,sg,p90 tele, a big muff,a mxr micro amp, a super overdrive, a blues driver, tubescreamer. a avatar 4x12 with greenbacks, and a jmp mk2 and a sovtek mig 60.

Now help me figure out the best way to get there sound.

any of those guitars, into microamp up all the way, into either amp. play {censored}ing LOUD. their sound has more to do with their playing though, super weird. DOWNSTROKES. never play an upstroke unless you're a {censored}.

• Members

they did have Jmp MV mk II(tele lead singer dude) and the guy from rocket used twin 800s along with his les paul customs(pretty much all he used).. I don't know if they were modded or boosted or what. I love the squealy feedback they got from those amps on "Yank Crime".. someone said on here you get mostly from standing close to the marshall's output transformer or something. When I saw Hot Snakes, the singer w/ the tele stood next his amp just tuning and his guitar started squealing away.

• Members

I saw the Hot Snakes on their second-to-last ever gig.

They {censored}ing ripped. The singer was super drunk on tequila so fell over into the crowd on a few occasions, but never missed a beat. He also handed out the remainder of their rider half way through the gig.

John Reis always uses his Les Paul into the Marshall. Singer had to use a Vox AC30 as his amp blew up.

Hot Snakes are (were) pretty much my favourite ever band. Three albums full of no {censored}ing around straight up punk rock.

• Members

everytime I've seen John Reis play, in every band he has been in, he's had his white les paul and one or two jcm800's- guitar straight to amp. Sorry to contradict above poster but I know Marshalls and I have never seen John play a JMP- not saying he hasn't used other amps- especially local- but every time he's been out on the road he's had the same setup - all from the 80's.

Archived