Famous Players who use Metal Muff?

Me163

• Members

I doubt it, since it's so new. It cracks me up that the ad for the Micro Metal Muff says "based on the classic Metal Muff," which had just been released at the time.

1 month = classic, equivalent balls to "haunting mids." :freak:

• Members

I think the questionable fame of the Metal Muff started because of some of the very positive first reviews some teenage-metal-knucleheads had written here on the HC reviews section. Yes, it has lots of gain but so what?

And what little I know about anything to do with current metal players and their gear, I suppose they all use those expensive hi-gain valve amps to get their distortion, stuff like Mesa Rectums and so on. Not cheap distortion pedals.

IMO Metal Muff is basically for bedroom players with a tiny {censored}ty home practice amp, and probably it also works for them because - now hold your breath - it has lots of gain and and you can tweak it for super-scooped mids.

I bought it second hand out of curiousity but had to sell it immediately because it sounded so bad with my set up.

• Members

Well I for one like the Metal Muff, on the right amp, if you have a bright amp it is a serious piece of {censored}, but on a dark amp it is great. As for pros using one, I would guess that they would prefer the sound of a high gain amp instead, I only use my Metal Muff at bedroom levels, anything higher it's all amp gain, just sounds so much richer, no pedal can match the sound of a good high gain amps distortion, none.

• Members

Well I for one like the Metal Muff, on the right amp, if you have a bright amp it is a serious piece of {censored}, but on a dark amp it is great. As for pros using one, I would guess that they would prefer the sound of a high gain amp instead, I only use my Metal Muff at bedroom levels, anything higher it's all amp gain, just sounds so much richer, no pedal can match the sound of a good high gain amps distortion, none.

I completely agree, i now run it into my Carvin Legacy and i personally love the way it sounds

• Members

boris uses it

so does the guitarist from the Japanese band Green Milk from the Planet Orange, and he uses it in everything but a "metal" context. Put it in front of a couple or twenty modulation pedals into a loud, clean amp (Twin, 2203) and you have two more awesome textures. Just cause it says Metal on it doesn't mean Rectumfrier, chugga chugga.

• Members

The Metal Muff sounds nothing at all like the Metal Zone, I tend to ignore alot of the bashing done on this forum until i've had the chance to play the gear myself.

Here's a clip of the Metal Muff I did a while ago, recorded with my webcam, and I don't think it sounds like a metal zone at all.

You be the judge.

I am waiting for another sample I did to be uploaded to youtube, Metal Muff, but recorded with a sennheiser e609, instead of my iMacs internal mic.

• Members

The Metal Muff sounds nothing at all like the Metal Zone, I tend to ignore alot of the bashing done on this forum until i've had the chance to play the gear myself.

I don't think he was trying to say that the pedals sound at all similar

• Members

I run a Carvin Legacy Half stack (100Watts) and on the clean channel, I am able to use the MT-2 and the Metal Muff with Top Boost getting great Metal Sounds out of both. My Carvin does have a great Presence setting on the clean channel.

I am not sure about running the MM with the Mid scooped because I never tried it, but the MM has plenty of Mid to it. I am reminded of Black Sabbath every time I stomp on it. The boost knob never needs to exceed the 9 o'clock position.

My MT-2 which is about 12 years old now gives great controlable distortion. You have to get the mids set properly. Sorry you guys don't have a setup it works with, but it does work on mine. I love em both. Love my Digitech Metal Master as well.:cool:

Archived