Vintage EHX pedals.

kishjor

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1167/1066254722_fb4d3b070d_b.jpg

I wish I had some really vintage pieces, but I think the oldest one I have is the Deluxe Memory Man (1978). The green Electric Mistress is 1979. The silver 10 band Graphic EQ is probably 1979 - 1980 judging by the circuit board. I'm not sure about the Switch Blade, the black EQ, or the PolyPhase, but I'm guessing that they are no older than 1981.

I would love to have an expert tell me for sure :D

• Members

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1167/1066254722_fb4d3b070d_b.jpg

I wish I had some really vintage pieces, but I think the oldest one I have is the Deluxe Memory Man (1978). The green Electric Mistress is 1979. The silver 10 band Graphic EQ is probably 1979 - 1980 judging by the circuit board. I'm not sure about the Switch Blade, the black EQ, or the PolyPhase, but I'm guessing that they are no older than 1981.

I would love to have an expert tell me for sure
:D

Frickin' sweet collection, I guess you do quite live up to your screen name. Now, let's see your Fenders.

• Members

The PolyChorus is so versatile, I like to use a lot of different settings; but I use it most for a standard chorus: Width=9:00, Rate=8:30, Tune/Delay=minimum, Feedback=minimum, Mode=Chorus

What settings do you use?

nirvana settings

sometimes i use the filter matrix and double track to add a little extra edge to something. the filter matrix especially. i like the flange too. sweep control: off.

• Members

I'm hoping mine will turn up today.....fingers crossed
:thu:

1663_1.jpg

By a stroke of luck, I have an old EHX catalog that came with my PolyPhase last week. I think it's 1981, but I'm not certain. Here is the description of the DRM-16.

AUTOMATIC FUNK

The DRM-16 Digital Rhythm Matrix - 16 variable patterns of Disco, Funk, Rock, and more. The bass drum thunders, the snare drum snaps, and the Electro-Harmonix innovation, hand claps, add an excitement that makes the "mix" irresistable. The 4,096 "bit" permanent memory stores a full 32 beats (2 bars) for each pattern. Cymbal, Tom Tom, and Wood Block are also featured. Selectable emphasis and deletions expand the realism and versatility. Space does not allow a full listing of features - experience the DRM-16 at your local music dealer's soon. You won't even think "rhythm box!"

• Members

By a stroke of luck, I have an old EHX catalog that came with my PolyPhase last week. I think it's 1981, but I'm not certain. Here is the description of the DRM-16.

AUTOMATIC FUNK

The DRM-16 Digital Rhythm Matrix - 16 variable patterns of Disco, Funk, Rock, and more. The bass drum thunders, the snare drum snaps, and the Electro-Harmonix innovation,
hand claps
, add an excitement that makes the "mix" irresistable. The 4,096 "bit" permanent memory stores a full 32 beats (2 bars) for each pattern. Cymbal, Tom Tom, and Wood Block are also featured. Selectable emphasis and deletions expand the realism and versatility. Space does not allow a full listing of features - experience the DRM-16 at your local music dealer's soon. You won't even
think
"rhythm box!"

LOL, can't wait to hear its, it's gonna be fun!

the only thing i'm not certain about is the outputs, 1, 2, & 'Bass' ??

everything else looks pretty self explainitary. (even though I can't spell it)

• Members

Do you own most of those?

No :(

I only have a few vintage EH pedals: Bad Stone, Small Stone (also 2 with a different brand name but made by EH), Doctor Q, Zipper (broken), Slap-Back Echo (broken), Double Tracking (broken), Clone Theory, Polyphase (envelope function broken),...

I should ask someone to repair the broken pedals... I bought the Slapback and Double Tracking as working, but they don't (dead reticon chip?) and the Bad Stone as not working, but it does :D

• Members

I often get questions like that, or people who ask me to sell a pedal they saw on the site, but there are about 7500 models on the site and my collection is probably somewhere between 2,5 and 3% of that
;)

you've been promising a collection pic for ages :thu:

pulled out of an auction recently for something, cant remember what, as I saw you were winning it. Wish I could remember what it was........

• Members

I dont think you won whatever it is as I cant see it in your feedback, that MELOS looks cool!

I have 4 of those now: 2x Melos Funky Filter, 1x Melos Effectmatic (almost the same) and 1x Monacor Effectmatic ;)

You should not use the feedback for that, I'll send you a PM with a better overview :D

Archived