Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT- I have an earth-shattering hangover.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- I have an earth-shattering hangover.

i feel like im going to die. this is god-awful.

for god's sake don't go to a punk show and drink every damn liquor placed in front of you.

anyone have any suggestions on how to ease myself out of this shaking hell?
    <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;a monkey trick, an irish bull, a childish joke &quot;<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    for trade- magicstomp v2</div>

water, aspirin, and go back to bed.

Comment

bed as soon as things get a bit less spinny and the stomach calms a bit. i haven't beaten myself up this badly in awhile. tequila, brandy, whiskey, cheap beer....

reminds me of this strip from my favorite comic-
      http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01312003
      <div class="signaturecontainer">&quot;a monkey trick, an irish bull, a childish joke &quot;<br />
      <br />
      <br />

Comment

I hear playing a drumset helps a lot.

So does setting off piles of firecrackers.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><b><a href="http://www.noisemakereffects.com" target="_blank">www.noisemakereffects.com</a></b><br />
        <br />
        Boutique, hand-built pedals and amplifiers!<br />
        <br />
        <b>Noisemaker Effects</b><br />
        <a href="http://twitter.com/noisemakerfx" target="_blank">Twitter</a>||<a href="http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noisemaker-Effects/117639238287713" target="_blank">Facebook</a></div>

Comment

i wnet water, cocodamol and ibuprofen this morn ...

gave up....6 pints certainly sorted it....all good now...

I swear these bastyards get worse and increasingly insidious as you get older...sneakey buggers
          <div class="signaturecontainer">MOTGLHC, HCLOWP &amp; HCEFESC- <font face="Arial"><font color="Blue">cack-handed, single coiled and blue!</font></font><br />
          <br />
          <br />
          <font face="Arial"><font size="1"><b>CS '60 Strat/Am '62 RI Strat/'78 Strat/Nash '63 Tele/Les Paul<br />
          <br />
          TU2-&gt;Fulltone Clyde-&gt;Time Machine Boost-&gt;Fulltone OCD-&gt;Catalinbread Semaphore-&gt;EHX DMM-&gt;EH Holy Grail<br />
          <br />
          Cornell Plexi 18.20/Fender '64 Tremolux/Fender '71 VibroChamp/ Fender '57 Champ RI/5e3<br />
          <br />
          Marshall 1966B G12M<br />
          Marshall '78 2x12 G12M<br />
          Fender 2x10<br />
          </b></font></font></div>

Comment

Bloody Mary and Spicy Food.

Comment

i wnet water, cocodamol and ibuprofen this morn ...

gave up....6 pints certainly sorted it....all good now...

I swear these bastyards get worse and increasingly insidious as you get older...sneakey buggers

it's true... this never happened when i was 20. if only i realized then how lucky i was... almost makes a man want to stop drinking.... almost.
              <br />
              <br />

Comment

Have a beer. SRSLY. The hair of the dog.

Or something with lots of electrolytes. i.e. Gatorade, powerade, etc.

Comment

mmm... a couple of hebrew nationals just helped a bit. i think it's back to the couch now, the worst has passed...

i had that experience when i woke up where you think "hey, im not really hungover", then you get up to piss and the hammer of god comes crashing down
                  <br />
                  <br />

Comment

mmm... a couple of hebrew nationals

Jewish beers?

Comment

<br />
                      <br />

Comment

O...I thought you were taking my advice about having a beer. In all seriousness, a beer or bloody mary will do wonder for a hangover. Its how the alcoholics do it when they dont feel like getting plastered before work.

Comment

I usually find a bit of excercise, then some more bed does the trick. Go for a walk or something, then have a shower and go back to bed for a bit, usually works!

Comment

Gatorade is GREAT for hangovers. That and a big meal, then back to bed. Make sure to drink as much water as you can stomach, that will make the biggest difference, and also you need to get salts back in your system. If you can handle it, a bloody mary does help quite a bit. Other than all that...

...time heals all wounds.

BTW: I always know I'm in for a bad afternoon when I wake up after a bender and start cracking jokes right away, cause it means I'm still drunk. When that wears off, life gets pretty ****************ty.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">Mosrite Ventures '67<br />
                            Dearmond M-77t<br />
                            Squier MIJ tele '86<br />
                            <br />
                            SF Vibrolux<br />
                            Ampeg gemini II<br />
                            Ampeg V2<br />
                            Traynor YBA-1 '69<br />
                            Traynor YGM-3 '69<br />
                            Ampeg V4 4x12</div>

Comment

rule #1 never go to a punk show.... ever.....EVER
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">Member of the Mesa/Boogie Mob<br />
                              <br />
                              <br />
                              <a href="http://www.theregularsri.com" target="_blank">The Regulars</a></div>

Comment

Working...
                              X