PUBLIC REQUEST to Phil and Icehouse.

Sceiron

• Members

In all politeness, would it be possible to sticky a thread just so Icehouse can talk about himself?

I check HC daily, and the last few weeks have been pretty horrible. What if every member did this? (maybe this is why so many of us have stopped posting.)

Please, the forum sucks having to read pages of threads started by Icehouse. A sticky would solve the problem. If you want to talk about him, go there.

Please stop starting threads like you do. I believe it is hurting the forum. It would be funny maybe once a week, but just look at your post history once. This is getting old fast.

thank you. :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In all politeness, would it be possible to sticky a thread just so Icehouse can talk about himself?

I check HC daily, and the last few weeks have been pretty horrible. What if every member did this? (maybe this is why so many of us have stopped posting.)

Please, the forum sucks having to read pages of threads started by Icehouse. A sticky would solve the problem. If you want to talk about him, go there.

Please stop starting threads like you do. I believe it is hurting the forum. It would be funny maybe once a week, but just look at your post history once. This is getting old fast.

thank you.
:)

Do you really want to boost his ego even more by giving him his own sticky!!?? :lol:

give it a week everyone will want one :)

• Members

thank you.

after talking with Phil in PMs a while back when i too was having problems with ice house,phil gave me some pretty good advice.just add him to the ignore.the truth is,alot of you guys should go ahead and do it.it was good advice.the only problem is,the ignore function really should be modified where in your user control panel you can select either "ignore posts" or "ignore threads started by".this would seriously solve alot of drama on the board,which in the past i have been guilty of adding to myself,but at this point dont have the time or the interest.

• Members

What about an IP ban?

About the Ignore function, although that means the Ignored user's posts/threads won't be displayed, it doesn't prevent decent threads being bumped down to the bottom of the forum list by all the troll threads.

People who are yet to ignore the trolls, will just see a list of bull{censored} threads, feel put off by the idiocy, and not view the backpages of threads, and not return to the forum. :(

• Members

You guys realize that Moogman is the one who went and bumped up all of Ice's topics, right? Check the dates on the topics by Ice House. They go back quite a while - Moogman just went and bumped them all at once to make it look like Ice House was seriously spamming the forum.

I for one don't mind a random Ice House thread being up. Usually they're pretty funny. :freak:

But, Moogman mass-bumping all of Ice House's previous topics has to stop.

• Members

As grown men/women, as many of you are, do you find yourself incapable of scrolling past ICE's threads? :freak:

I use this method when I see "Best analog delay" threads started every 2 hours, or "I need a distortion". Sometimes I contribute to them, and I may be guilty of starting one or two. But, when I see something that I dont want to, I turn my head.

Maybe ICE is more off-topic than most of the people here, but his intentions are not negative at all. He is actually a pretty nice, funny guy.

• Members

As grown men/women, as many of you are, do you find yourself incapable of scrolling past ICE's threads?
:freak:

I use this method when I see "Best analog delay" threads started every 2 hours, or "I need a distortion". Sometimes I contribute to them, and I may be guilty of starting one or two. But, when I see something that I dont want to, I turn my head.

Maybe ICE is more off-topic than most of the people here, but his intentions are not negative at all. He is actually a pretty nice, funny guy.

+1

• Members

You guys realize that Moogman is the one who went and bumped up all of Ice's topics, right? Check the dates on the topics by Ice House. They go back quite a while - Moogman just went and bumped them all at once to make it look like Ice House was seriously spamming the forum.

I for one don't mind a random Ice House thread being up. Usually they're pretty funny.
:freak:

But, Moogman mass-bumping all of Ice House's previous topics has to stop.

yes, but he was trying to make a point (not saying I agree here) by doing that.....To show how many of icehouse's posts were OT or just self indulgent wank. There is nothing wrong with bumping old threads especially if they are interesting ones.

sure it was annoying, but god I never realised Ice House posted so much {censored} on here!!!! :lol: it gave me a laugh anyway.

• Members

yes, but he was trying to make a point (not saying I agree here) by doing that.....To show how many of icehouse's posts were OT or just self indulgent wank. There is nothing wrong with bumping old threads especially if they are interesting ones.

sure it was annoying, but god I never realised Ice House posted so much {censored} on here!!!!
:lol:
it gave me a laugh anyway.

Who cares? 25 or so topics over the past year or so? That's not bad at all. It's also not like people here hated them - most of the bumped threads had plenty of posts in them. Some even being multiple pages.

Sure, when someone goes and bumps ALL OF THEM at once, it looks annoying. But spread those posts out over a year and you have a random post here or there. What's wrong with that??

• Members

There is nothing wrong with bumping old threads especially if they are interesting ones.

Actually, there is when someone just mindlessly bumps a lot of old threads in a matter of minutes. It's called flooding, and it's {censored}ing annoying. I don't mind when people bump an old thread if they have something useful to add, but when an user bumps a bunch at once, it's {censored}ing annoying, and they should be shown the door.

And this is coming from someone who finds ice being the new devi or sei annoying.

• Members

Actually, there is when someone just mindlessly bumps a lot of old threads in a matter of minutes. It's called flooding, and it's {censored}ing annoying. I don't mind when people bump an old thread if they have something useful to add, but when an user bumps a bunch at once, it's {censored}ing annoying, and they should be shown the door.

And this is coming from someone who finds ice being the new devi or sei annoying.

agreed.:thu:

• Members

The proof is in the pudding.

:cool:

I been comming to HC for a few years, mostly FX and KSS.

I have never been to open jam.... could someone please explain the purpose?

:idea:

random threads from open jam...

Have you ever had car sex?

Nursery rhymes featuring our favorite 4-letter admonition

I am so {censored}in confused about school right now.

Would You {censored} A Tranny?

Do you like beer?

that explains a fair bit....as for pupose?? :freak:

• Members

Everyone, I am just a person. Please live for today and love each other. I did not activate all those threads this morning. I hope there are times that people can laugh with me and at themselves. Again, I will not be strictly on topic as long as I am allowed the use of this forum. To those who take offense all I can sat is yes I can lighten it up a bit. Phil asked me to do so, and if you go back to last night, I did not start any additional ICE threads that did not already exist.:) Please back off of Phil, He is very fair here and patient.

• Members

Everyone, I am just a person. Please live for today and love each other. I did not activate all those threads this morning. I hope there are times that people can laugh with me and at themselves. Again, I will not be strictly on topic as long as I am allowed the use of this forum. To those who take offense all I can sat is yes I can lighten it up a bit. Phil asked me to do so, and if you go back to last night, I did not start any additional ICE threads that did not already exist.
Please back off of Phil, He is very fair here and patient.

+1

Whats the new avatar, ICE? I cant read the first word. :confused:

• Members

Everyone, I am just a person. Please live for today and love each other. I did not activate all those threads this morning. I hope there are times that people can laugh with me and at themselves. Again, I will not be strictly on topic as long as I am allowed the use of this forum. To those who take offense all I can sat is yes I can lighten it up a bit. Phil asked me to do so, and if you go back to last night, I did not start any additional ICE threads that did not already exist.
Please back off of Phil, He is very fair here and patient.

I don't get why they're hassling you. :freak:

I for one hope you stay here and keep up with random posts now and then. Just talking about pedals all the time gets pretty damn boring.

:wave:

Archived