Jimmy Eat World's new album leaked...

Mistersuperfly

• Members

Agreed. I'm not one to call a band sell outs, but they got WAY too polished after Clarity for my tastes. I once had a discussion with a very prominent producer in Indie Rock about this very thing.

I just don't see it. Bleed American is pretty much the opposite of a sell out record. They didn't have a record label when they made it, the just had enough money to make it how they wanted. What came out isn't as heavy as clarity, but I mean it's not like a corporate record mainstream intended record... it ended up being popular because it was just really well timed, but thats life.

• Members
I just don't see it. Bleed American is pretty much the opposite of a sell out record. They didn't have a record label when they made it, the just had enough money to make it how they wanted. What came out isn't as heavy as clarity, but I mean it's not like a corporate record mainstream intended record... it ended up being popular because it was just really well timed, but thats life.

if "in the middle" isnt a major label cocksucking song i dont know what is :idk: they wrote that record trying to get a record label again(major). they also re=recorded the record so it was shiny and compressed like a avril lavine record.

• Members
if "in the middle" isnt a major label cocksucking song i dont know what is
:idk:
they wrote that record trying to get a record label again(major). they also re=recorded the record so it was shiny and compressed like a avril lavine record.

"The Middle" was originally a joke--a mockery of radio pop. They play the first mix Trombino did in the studio on their live DVD and it is, indeed, pretty hilarious. The joke's on you, buddy...

They also did NOT rerecord the album. I own a copy of the first pressing (labeled "Bleed American") and it's identical to self-titled version. The name was changed because a couple planes ran into a certain World Trade Center shortly after its initial release. Anything else you'd like to assert from your ass?

• Members

"The Middle" was originally a joke--a mockery of radio pop. They play the first mix Trombino did in the studio on their live DVD and it is, indeed, pretty hilarious. The joke's on you, buddy...

They also did NOT rerecord the album. I own a copy of the first pressing (labeled "Bleed American") and it's identical to self-titled version. The name was changed because a couple planes ran into a certain World Trade Center shortly after its initial release. Anything else you'd like to assert from your ass?

it WAS re-recorded moron. i have the original. how about a nice watermelon for you asstaris? wooops you alradady got one. joke or not they put that asstacular song on the record. they should be hung for that.

• Members

it WAS re-recorded moron. i have the original. how about a nice watermelon for you asstaris? wooops you alradady got one. joke or not they put that asstacular song on the record. they should be hung for that.

No. It. Wasn't.

They had some demos floating around just after they stopped touring for Clarity and got dropped from Capitol, but there are also a bunch of demos for Clarity and Static Prevails that are widely available too--that's it.

You're dead wrong about the album being rerecorded. Every band will demo songs before recording them in their final form...

• Members

and use proper grammar ...

"They should be hanged for that." is how that should be.

Archived