Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good OD with a good EQ

I have tried a DS-1, an SD-1, an 808 RI, a TS-9 and none of them are rocking my world. I have a Laney tube amp that has a bit of a mid hump. I need an OD with more eq options. Recomendations?
    www.goodbyebeautiful.com
    www.cancer.org

Maybe you should consider an EQ pedal to use with one of those overdrives.
    Good deals with - rocket34bg, theweight

Originally Posted by Zachman

I am nice to people here on the forum. What did I say HERE that wasn't nice?

Originally Posted by robeendey

i am dumber now for joining this board. you guys are pretty ill informed on technology of pedals.

Comment

If you are looking for a single pedal you might try the Catalinbread Silver Kiss. Tons of great sounds to be had in that box.

Comment

Maybe you should consider an EQ pedal to use with one of those overdrives.

I thought about that because that what I used to do. I am really trying to make my pedalboard as small as possible So I just want an OD with lots of EQ options.
        www.goodbyebeautiful.com
        www.cancer.org

Comment

Another idea - the MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe. A number of "EQ-ish" things to adjust your tone there.
          www.macdaddymusicstore.com
          www.macdaddymusic.com
          www.macdaddymusic.blogspot.com

Comment

Get a GE7 with the Sniper Mod, NEEDED IMO, or see if BYOC is still making their 10-band EQ.

Otherwise, the Silver Kiss is a GREAT recommendation.
            Don't trust: Jbrazz, clementwave, madler or easyliver
            Don't Ship Guitars Media Mail

Comment

If you are looking for a single pedal you might try the Catalinbread Silver Kiss. Tons of great sounds to be had in that box.

You'd be hard pressed to find a dirt box with a better EQ than the Silver Kiss - it's EQ rivals the MDEQ, IMO...

Comment

Maybe OD isn't what you are really looking for.
                TRADE/SALE:
                Ibanez AD99 $100, Moonphasor $200(Trade 4 Univibe?), Addrock Geranium FF $110(Trd 4 Fultone 70?), ZOOM RT-123 Drum machine $95, Digitech Vocalist 300(reverb+efx) $150, New A/B switch box DOD $30. Mesa 50+ Calibre,
                Looking to Trade for:
                MicroPOG, OCTRON, Semaphore, SMMH, ScrewdriverTim, OohWah2, Wah Probe, Peppermint BlenderPeach fuzz, lm308 RAT, Harmonizer, Mdeq? , Kinnman Broadcaster pups, Princeton RV,

Comment

The Foxrox ZIM has a pretty versatile EQ section. There are clips on www.foxroxelectronics.com of the ZIM. It also has removable cards, so you can start with various basic sounds before you layer the EQ on to it, and two channels. It's roughly the same height as a BOSS pedal, and about 1.5 times the width.

Comment

Just get a 3 band parametric EQ and lob it after your favorite dirt box.
                    AUDIGOA.COM - All New Stompbox Fx - Check Out The Waterfall Triple Band Overdrive

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find a dirt box with a better EQ than the Silver Kiss

+1. That said, certainly an EQ pedal could help, if you don't mind stomping on two pedals to get the sound.
                      juat

Comment

My Nady TD-1 has a lot of eq options, but a Fish & Chips would do the job if you already like your OD.
                        "I used my psychic powers to investigate this and found it to be hogwash. I hate it when people make claims with no basis in science."

"If a problem is too difficult to understand the solution is to placate your ignorance with denial."

Tasty Licks
                        Secret Moment

Comment

Check out the package deals I have on the Sniper, and some modified overdrives.
                          ToneJamFX.com - Home of the GE-7 Sniper, and MXR 10 band Snipers!

Comment

Another idea - the MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe. A number of "EQ-ish" things to adjust your tone there.

+1
                            Good Deals

Comment

Check out the package deals I have on the Sniper, and some modified overdrives.

Jesus Christ - don't you ever give up..? oke:

Comment

Working...
                              X