Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just picked up an echo park....how do I power?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up an echo park....how do I power?

so, its an amazing pedal, but I have a DUMB question. The line 6 adaptor that came with my onespot does not power it. Do I have to power it without the adaptor? Will I fry it?
    www.goodbyebeautiful.com
    www.cancer.org

the echo park has to have its own power. i too have a one spot and the pedal wouldn't work unless it had its own power source. i got a dano power supply and i haven't had any problems for 4 months since i got it.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

http://www.myspace.com/bart1973
    GUITARS:

83 gibson les paul standard
    00 prs singlecut
    05 bc rich mockingbird
    00 bc rich mockingbird ( acrylic)
    87 charvel model 4
    86 kramer barretta

AMPS:

96 5150 sig
    90 marshall 2205
    93 marshall 2100 slx
    86 marshall 4104 combo
    74 hiwatt sa212
    65 fender pro reverb
    68 fender bandmaster

EFFECTS:

good transactions with moetown

Comment

You don't need the line 6 adaptor, just the normal plug should work.
      Good deals:Jackpotjewell,Glyph,bass econo,thesockmonster,smrz,MickTaylorFan,tsquared,B lanketman,9-Pin-phoenix,ClickyClique,JayCal,(((echo))),MyTakamine, Luke978,Corwin81,ChitownTerror,Kriegsmann,Collapse ,duderanimus & more

Comment

You don't need the line 6 adaptor, just the normal plug should work.

NO. get an adapter that has the correct current output and rating. if you dont use that you can fry the pedal.

but yeah, you dont have to use the line 6 one. but it wouldnt hurt to.
        Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

yeah, its not a normal plug for this one.

Comment

so will this work? it says it is for line 6 pedals...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-One-Spot-CL6-Line-6-RP100-Power-Adapter_W0QQitemZ300157539097QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10 1975QQcmdZViewItem
            good people on this forum to buy from: themeanreds, the eristic, FLYING V 83(x2), angelhair0, slingshotmb, GRINGO_LOCO(x*), shaun126, Radiohead, lol (expensive amp deal), www.olcircuits.com, TJ000, LWatford-2, shipatsea, cryptic1911, chump5150, gorebuc, 66_skylark, orange worker, bojo, mfergel, vmann, catalinbread, mike.sartori, jbviper4, happydensity, Jim Hunter, BmoreTele(x2), JacieFB, jackpotjewell, veil, kha02a, 9-Pin-Phoenix, Fine_Young_Fool, bvester, KRAA!!, Dolflundgren

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-ToneCore-DC1-Power-Adapter-?sku=336061

from what I remember, you cant daisy chain these because of the noise. they need their own power supply

Comment

I recorded some of my test results with the Tonecore pedals on this page:

http://www.muzique.com/line6.htm

I don't guarantee that it will work perfectly for you with your combination of pedals, but I did not have problems and one of my Tonecore docks is from the very first beta test batch (not the final production).

regards, Jack
                AMZ Free Effects Projects
                Guitar Effects Blog
                Twiitter

Comment

I use the 1spot to power both my Echo Park and Space Chorus, they both use the normal barrel connector and I haven't gotten any noise from either.... I know when a friend of mine used his SKB-45 pedal board to power his he got alot of noise... I'm talking when the pedal was off if he had his high gain channel on you could HEAR THE TAP TEMPO CLICKING....

To be safe get the Line6 power adapter.....
                  Member of the SG Army

Comment

I tried it out with the line 6 connector and got nothing....wouldn't power. With the regular chain, it worked well. No noise yet, but I havent had a chance to crank my amp
                    www.goodbyebeautiful.com
                    www.cancer.org

Comment

Visual Sound's website recommends only putting one ToneCore pedal per 1spot chain to avoid noise. It doesn't hurt to put more on if you're not getting noise, but if you are, that would be your first thing to remove would be one of the Line 6 pedals.
                      For trade: I have about 15 feet of industrial velcro, I need one set of George L .155 right angle ends and two sets of George L rubber cable caps.

Comment

It needs just a regular center negative plug. Use the regular one spot plugs not the line 6 ones because if you read they're only for the big pedals like the DL4.

Comment

It needs just a regular center negative plug. Use the regular one spot plugs not the line 6 ones because if you read they're only for the big pedals like the DL4.

+1
                          hmmmmmmmmmmmmm........................

http://www.myspace.com/bart1973
                          GUITARS:

83 gibson les paul standard
                          00 prs singlecut
                          05 bc rich mockingbird
                          00 bc rich mockingbird ( acrylic)
                          87 charvel model 4
                          86 kramer barretta

AMPS:

96 5150 sig