New EHX pedal day. (first impressions)

melx

• Members

this arrived this morning.

aoctavemulti.jpg

first impresstions are that this need a fait bit of tweeking to get the best from it. I wasn't sure if I should put it before or after dirt, it seemed to work better after Big Muff, but seemed to track the notes a lot better clean. the knobs seem to have to be in 'the right place' for your guitar, there seems to be a sweet spot, that takes a bit of time to balance out with the 2 filter and blend knob, the sub switch just seems to add distortion when in the 'up' position...although looking at the manual is says 'should normally be down when used with guitar' so I won't touch that again.:thu:

I need to spend a bit more time with this before I really know if it's any good or not!:)

• Members

I've had mine for a week now and love it. I have the sub switch on because it needs to be to use the bass filter. My primary use is to to simulate a bass sound with my guitar which I record and loop. It requires some tweaking, but works great.

Lawrie

• Members

I've been playing a bit more with it...I'm loving it..although it's kinda confirmed what I always suspected, what I really want is a POG. :lol:
I'll be hanging on to this though because it wasn't expensive (used ebay mint condition) and well....it's been discontinued in it's Muff Size box and I like big pedals! :cool:

• Members

I've been playing a bit more with it...I'm loving it..although it's kinda confirmed what I always suspected, what I really want is a POG.
:lol:
I'll be hanging on to this though because it wasn't expensive (used ebay mint condition) and well....it's been discontinued in it's Muff Size box and I like big pedals!
:cool:

I've never played one, but my guess is that it's one of those pedals that grows on you over time. If you sell it off, you'll mention it in one of the "Which pedal do you regret selling?" threads in a couple of years. I'd like to compare it to the H.O.G. also and hear if there's much difference in the tone and tracking.

• Members

sold mine
liked the sounds (especially the cheesy filtered ones) and the farty glitches
but did not like the volume drop
it was useless in the band situation, just did not cut through
it sounded great in the loop of the Meatball though
but when I got the Oxtron, I started neglecting the EHX

• Members
sold mine

liked the sounds (especially the cheesy filtered ones) and the farty glitches

but did not like the volume drop

it was useless in the band situation, just did not cut through

it sounded great in the loop of the Meatball though

but when I got the Oxtron, I started neglecting the EHX

The same reason why i ditched mine, the volume drop was terrible. Also, i found that the tracking on mine wasnt that great. Traded it for an old OC-2 ('83, still says "octaver"), and its staying in the lineup :love:

Archived