What delay pedals have Expression Pedal inputs?

MegaTom

• Members

I know the Moog has expression inputs for just about every parameter on the thing, but it is way beyond my price range. And the Boss RE-20 has a single assignable input, however I'm not to impressed with a clunky dual pedal setup w/out being able to save settings. So what other pedals also have expression inputs?

And another question Re: the RE-20...

When you use the tap tempo to change delay time, does the speed of the "tape" ramp up or down as if you were using the knob or an expression pedal?

• Members

I know the Moog has expression inputs for just about every parameter on the thing, but it is way beyond my price range. And the Boss RE-20 has a single assignable input, however I'm not to impressed with a clunky dual pedal setup w/out being able to save settings. So what other pedals also have expression inputs?

When you use the tap tempo to change delay time, does the speed of the "tape" ramp up or down as if you were using the knob or an expression pedal?

Dl-4

Echolution

Quicksilver

Memory Lane

Boomerang E-155

Toneczar

Ekko 600

Timefactor

Boss PS-3

Boss DD-6,5 (analogman mods)

Keeley ad-9

• Members

RE the re-20. no it dosent. when you hold down the tap tempo button it oscillates like a mofo and gradually tape slips back into place. very cool :thu: but tap tempo is just that. when you manually change the time it does slip in and out. you can control this with an expression pedal. hope that helps.

• Members

I think that answers my question. But just to be sure that I am understanding you correctly....

When I use the tap tempo to change the delay time, the pedal will essentially behave the same as my DD-20 in that the delay time will automatically, and a bit abruptly, change to the new tempo right away... there will be no gradual increase or decrease in the time as if you were manipulating it with the delay time knob or if the expression pedal was set to change the delay time.

Is that correct?

• Members

Thanks. So now my question is this:

Do I ...??

That's for you to decide

I hate making decisions. :confused:

in ancient rome

there was a poem

about a dog

who found two bones

he picked at one

he licked the other

he went in circles

he dropped dead

freedom of choice

is what you got

freedom from choice

is what you want

• Members

I think I'm gonna go for the RE-20. At least to test it out for a few days... the worst case scenario is that I don't like it very much and I take it back within the 30 day Guitar Center return policy.

With that said, does anyone know about what the distributor cost is on this thing so I can try to get a good deal???

• 10 years later...

Archived