Boss Ch-1 Super chorus vs Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble

frankiej

• Members

so when off the ch-1 doesnt blend with anything?

When bypassed, the CH1 will still give you a stereo split -- you just get the same signal from both A and B outs. Typically, stereo chorus pedals will give you a 2nd signal that's out of phase with the first signal, but both A and B outs will have chorus. I prefer the Ch1 because you get a clean sound on one and a chorus sound on the other output.

c

• Members

When bypassed, the CH1 will still give you a stereo split -- you just get the same signal from both A and B outs. Typically, stereo chorus pedals will give you a 2nd signal that's out of phase with the first signal, but both A and B outs will have chorus. I prefer the Ch1 because you get a clean sound on one and a chorus sound on the other output.

c

As in, like the CE-3?

• Members

As in, like the CE-3?

I believe so. At least one tech told me that the only reason Boss stopped doing this layout is because too many boneheads call and complain that there's no chorus on the "B" output, so they gave us the lame out of phase crap in the later models.

c

• Members

I believe so. At least one tech told me that the only reason Boss stopped doing this layout is because too many boneheads call and complain that there's no chorus on the "B" output, so they gave us the lame out of phase crap in the later models.

c

so the way a CE-3 operates is the preferred method? output A has the chorus effect and output B has just the clean sound?

• Members

so the way a CE-3 operates is the preferred method? output A has the chorus effect and output B has just the clean sound?

I prefer a clean and an effected signal over 2 signals out of phase with each other. I think on stereo, the chorus with the CH1 is more pronounced and not washed out, as opposed to the stereo split with the CE 5.

c

Archived