Best leslie/rotary speaker pedal

synthon1c

• Members

I've played the Rotomachine, Rotosphere and RT20, and I reckon the best is the RT20. The Rotosphere is noisey (lots of background hiss), the Rotomachine is good, but really messes with your guitar tone and kills fuzzes. The RT20 is therefore my favourite, with the added bonus that you get a good vibe simulator as well.

• Members

Rotosphere is THE leslie pedal, can't really be beat to my ears. The RT-20 and rotomachine are digital and just lack something to me.

I'd be very surprised if the Rotosphere weren't digital as well, just with tubes for distortion.

• Members

PLEASE do yourself a favor and check out the DLS RotoSIM pedal especially if you want to use it for organ and guitar. It is incredibly tweakable and has two different speed settings to switch between, expression pedal control, and tons of other cool stuff.

• Members

...the EX-7 is passable for leslie, but I have it for the Space Station (:D yeah mon)...

...the RotoMachine is very nice & the ramp function is excellent...for the money, this is the way to go, & a small footprint to boot...

...I like the Rotary Ensemble a bunch too, a very solid choice...

...but my desert isle leslie box has to be the RotoSim, almost infinitely tweakable with tremendous tone...

• Members

I dunno.

to my ears the rotosphere is one of the closest sims you can get to a real leslie, run in stereo it's about perfect. I want one but they are pricey. I have a leslie sim on my GNX is that is as good as any of the other digital modellers so it will do for me.

Maybe that's why it just sounded like a flanger to me then
:)
Maybe the MKII is much better than the original?

• Members

It depends on how "real" it has to be for you. For example I am anal about my overdrive sound. It HAS to be the way I wan't it. But, Live if your band is playing a song or two where you just need to cop the feel of the tune it is different. Hell, I have used the Roto Machine and it was just fine. I am A.N. and I approve this message.:wave:

• Members

It depends on how "real" it has to be for you. For example I am anal about my overdrive sound. It HAS to be the way I wan't it. But, Live if your band is playing a song or two where you just need to cop the feel of the tune it is different. Hell, I have used the Roto Machine and it was just fine. I am A.N. and I approve this message.
:wave:

That's my feeling, if you're recording then use a real Leslie if you have to have the real thing. For live use any of the discussed pedals would be close enough, nobody else will know the difference. A pedal will never be just like the real thing anyway right?

Archived