Telecaster project pic

SonicVI

• Members

So, for the few of you who may remember I bought a Telecaster body last week. Here's a pic of the completed build. USA body, MIJ neck, Bigsby, Harmonic Design Super 90, Gibson mini-humbucker.

tele1.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

• Members

tell me if you end up liking that bridge+bigsby, because im quite unhappy with mine

So far it's been painfully difficult doing the setup. I'm actually considering going back to my old setup with the regular vintage style tele bridge with grooves cutout for the vibrato instead of the jazzmaster type bridge. I think that setup has better sustain and gives the bridge pickup better output as well. We'll see. I need to let the strings break in a bit and mellow out first. Damn I hate new strings.

• Members

So far it's been painfully difficult doing the setup. I'm actually considering going back to my old setup with the regular vintage style tele bridge with grooves cutout for the vibrato instead of the jazzmaster type bridge. I think that setup has better sustain and gives the bridge pickup better output as well. We'll see. I need to let the strings break in a bit and mellow out first. Damn I hate new strings.

im going to look into the graphtech 6 saddles which have the grooves cut out, ive been told it will help with sustain, but yeah, not much sustain currently. what gauge strings are you using? i moved from 9s to 52-11s just to get good tension and it to work well with the bridge.

yeah, i havent really messed with PU height, but the bridge is fairly high at the moment.

Archived