Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecaster project pic

So, for the few of you who may remember I bought a Telecaster body last week. Here's a pic of the completed build. USA body, MIJ neck, Bigsby, Harmonic Design Super 90, Gibson mini-humbucker.
    "I like being weird. Weird's all I've got. That and my sweet style" - Moss.
    Pedal mods and repairs. I do 'em. PM me.
    (tube amps too locally)

Hawrt.
    Originally Posted by Reaganomics!

Maybe they cut Bin Laden open and found 14 million jobs inside of him

TRANSACTIONS WITH: JakeYanachek, StratAtak83, gener, Zlandicar, Inscho, TylerDurden24, cactuscool3r, coreopsisjay, GraceNotes, XanaduNEX, mfergel, mlabbee, hangwire, johnrambo, Small Stone, 6StrngStrangler, loomer415, EDS, thatmullingskid, TomCray , myTakamine, Sherwin, Belt, readymade, conky, sonaboy, cdawzrd, jackpotjewell, mcerreta, Overwhelmed987, thefragile103, zachary xxx, six acre lake

Comment

This pretty much has everything going for it:
      A tele, with binding, and a bigsby, and a maple fretboard.

Hell of a job. I'm sure it sounds and plays great too.
      Good deals with: Free the Guilty, thatmullingskid, 6StrngStrangler, Mr. Smarty Pants, awdwon

Boss FZ-2> Blue Boy Deluxe> Volume Pedal> RE-20 > Verbzilla >DD-20

Into:
      Crate V33:
      -Stock speakers replaced with Eminence Cannabis Rex and Weber Ceramic Blue Dog.
      -Clean channel modified slightly, gain channel modified to a tweaked Soldano SLO Circuit

Comment

Would have sex with.

Comment

good people: luke978, BTBAM x2, TZR, jalfredprufrock, noiseannoys, verence, orange worker x2, DharmaSound, fellsilver, pbone, cdawzrd, schecterc1lh, zygoat, CiceroTJones, Tweedledee, TheKinks, ShizzelDizzel, mrweems, chuckmoose, StopReferencing, archers6, RockDaJoJo, StumbleFingers, TheKrabsman, drasp

Comment

So, for the few of you who may remember I bought a Telecaster body last week. Here's a pic of the completed build. USA body, MIJ neck, Bigsby, Harmonic Design Super 90, Gibson mini-humbucker.

Alvarez rd20sc /Squier VM HSS Strat > Boss GT-5 > Digitech JamMan > Ibanez DE-7 > Crate Vintage Club 20 / Sunn Stinger 35

WTB:
            Boss OD3

Originally Posted by LowWoods

Zappa makes god look like Rick Moranis.

Comment

My thoughts exactly
              Good People

Comment

Would have sex with.

+1000000000000000000
                Good deals with: dacama, moon shadow, williamh, Virex, barney steele, Chickentown, aaronl, grygrx, bland, solly, drummerdarko, TomCray

Comment

It's perfect.
                  "I played golf, I'm not good at golf, I never got a hole-in-one... but I did hit a guy. And that's way more satisfying. You're supposed to yell "fore," but I was too busy mumbling, "There ain't no way that's gonna hit him." I hit a guy in one." - Mitch Hedberg

Excellent Deals with: jimihalen(x2), chump5150(x2), plawren53202, ck3, L6Sguy, Kittycaster, CapnMarvel, #16, anotherguitarpl, A Guy, therhodeo, BrendanO, Overwhelmed987, dysorexia, loomer415 and many many more.

Clips.

Comment

tell me if you end up liking that bridge+bigsby, because im quite unhappy with mine
                    good people: luke978, BTBAM x2, TZR, jalfredprufrock, noiseannoys, verence, orange worker x2, DharmaSound, fellsilver, pbone, cdawzrd, schecterc1lh, zygoat, CiceroTJones, Tweedledee, TheKinks, ShizzelDizzel, mrweems, chuckmoose, StopReferencing, archers6, RockDaJoJo, StumbleFingers, TheKrabsman, drasp

Comment

tell me if you end up liking that bridge+bigsby, because im quite unhappy with mine

So far it's been painfully difficult doing the setup. I'm actually considering going back to my old setup with the regular vintage style tele bridge with grooves cutout for the vibrato instead of the jazzmaster type bridge. I think that setup has better sustain and gives the bridge pickup better output as well. We'll see. I need to let the strings break in a bit and mellow out first. Damn I hate new strings.
                      (tube amps too locally)

Comment

Hey, do you have to have your pickups raised pretty high?
                        (tube amps too locally)

Comment

Comment

So far it's been painfully difficult doing the setup. I'm actually considering going back to my old setup with the regular vintage style tele bridge with grooves cutout for the vibrato instead of the jazzmaster type bridge. I think that setup has better sustain and gives the bridge pickup better output as well. We'll see. I need to let the strings break in a bit and mellow out first. Damn I hate new strings.

im going to look into the graphtech 6 saddles which have the grooves cut out, ive been told it will help with sustain, but yeah, not much sustain currently. what gauge strings are you using? i moved from 9s to 52-11s just to get good tension and it to work well with the bridge.

yeah, i havent really messed with PU height, but the bridge is fairly high at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X