What's up with the EHX logo?

• Members

This is a pretty random question, but I've been wondering about it for awhile and haven't been able to get an answer. So, what's the deal is with the Electro Harmonix logo? I mean, first of all, what is it? It looks like some sad forest creature or something. Does anyone have any info on what it's supposed to be or why it's the logo for such an awesome company? Any info would be helpful.

In case you don't know what I mean here's the logo:

Logo.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I've always loved the EHX logo. It's instantly recognizable, and definitely retro-cool. I've seriously considered getting it inked on me on the past, but I think I'm getting past the tattoo prime. :)

• Members

It's Medusa's head, from the greek mythology.

Medusa was a beautiful woman, with wonderful hair, that was unlucky enough to get seduced by Poseidon, in Athena's temple. Outraged by the desecration of her temple, Athena turned her into a feared monster, with snakes instead of hair, that everybody who looked at was instantly turned to stone. Then, the heroic figure of Perseus, sent by Athena and using a bronze shield as a mirror, to avoid looking directly to Medusa, beheaded her while she was asleep.

The myth of Athena and Medusa suggests that Athena, the masculine war goddess, has an anima

• Members

Medusa was a beautiful woman, with wonderful hair, that was unlucky enough to get seduced by Poseidon, in Athena's temple. Outraged by the desecration of her temple, Athena turned her into a feared monster, with snakes instead of hair, that everybody who looked at was instantly turned to stone. Then, the heroic figure of Perseus, sent by Athena and using a bronze shield as a mirror, to avoid looking directly to Medusa, beheaded her while she was asleep.

The myth of Athena and Medusa suggests that Athena, the masculine war goddess, has an anima

• Members