Chorus and Flanger...before or after delay?

• Members

I've tried Flange after delay, since the early flange effects were not in pedal form but manipulating tape - but I just couldn't make it work for me.

I never really have flange and chorus on at the same time, but my chain is Chorus > Flange > Delay

• Members

If you think about delays that have modulation in 'em, they all tend to have the mod after the delay so that the trails continue to modulate... but either way will work (I prefer mod post delay, fwiw).

• Members

Hahha.. You said quack

I've always like flanger and wah after delay. I always get {censored} for it to. I like the way the effect all the repeats as a whole instead of just one over and over. A wah "quacking" over and over is obnoxious.

• Members

I have recently become a convert of putting my delay before other BBD's in the chain. Flanging sounds massive this way. Putting the flange first just sounds like a big blob of sound, and not a very good one IMHO. Can't hear the notes any more.

• Members

"A chorus type thing where it's all pitched, and not any dry.........."

I think that's a critical point, that I am trying to get to grips with.

I'm having trouble with my Rockman Chorus to get a decent chorused distortion sound (sounds good for clean tones though), when I use it in the effects loop. I reckon the best chorused distortion sound I got was when I instead used my TC Electronic SCF set up the same way as the Rockman (MarkIV fx send -> SCF ->> stereo output, one to MarkIV fx return, one to another amp), but I feel fussy about keeping the SCF pedal on the floor with the other pedals, as that aesthetic appeals to me.

Order of effects- I've got so many different orderings that it's all over the place. I change the configuration every two days.

• Members

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but since it's a similr question, rather than make another similar thread:

What is the general consensus, chorus>phaser or phaser>chorus? Also, my little section after dirt is delay, chorus and phaser. I currently have it phaser>chorus>delay. Is this the best configuration?

Thanks.

Archived