13 into 6 does go (Boss content)

• Members

2701208997_507cf731f9_b.jpg

2701216891_283a5f2b0a_b.jpg

Boss BCB-60 pedalboard: TU-2 Tuner > FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz > PH-3 Phase Shifter > DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion > SD-1 Super Overdrive (Keeley mod) > PS-3 Pitchshifter / Delay > RV-3 Reverb / Delay > DC-2 Dimension C > DD-20 Giga Delay. Amp tremolo / reverb is controlled by two hardwired footswitches and FS-5U tap tempo pedal (off to the side) feeds both the PH-3and DD-20.

How I squeezed it all into a case designed for six Boss compacts:

I removed the plastic 'BCB-60' strip and steel cable channel and sawed them down to fit 3 extra compacts on the 2nd row. The 2nd row pedals sit on a velcro covered wooden shelf about 3/4" deep. The plastic strip was also drilled for my amp tremolo / reverb control stereo jack, 2 footswitches and a tap tempo jack.

The remaining pedals are connected with narrow jack-to-jack connectors and surrounded by 3/4" foam rubber, which holds everything together well and hides the power / tap tempo / patch cables. Power cable is a Visual Sound 8-way with 90 degree connectors (just fits!) and one two-way splitter.

The tap tempo can be fitted on the board above the DC-2, but I prefer it off to the side on the floor, as it gives a more positive action. Still got room for the power supply, capo, slide and ebow. ;)

The full rig with 62RI Shoreline Gold Jazzmaster (Wide Range Humbuckers) and Vox AC30 Custom classic with Alnico Blues:

2701211365_ce8921f431_b.jpg

• Members

Thanks for the kind comments, guys!

:cry:

As a single coil user for years, I wasn't too sure about it myself. There were a few scary moments with the router, I can tell you! But as it turns out the Fender Wide Ranges are a perfect match for the 1 Meg pots, this guitar absolutely shimmers now, compared with stock CIJ JM p/ups.

• Members

I love it, you did a really cool job there. I used to have the BCB-60 but the catches eventually broke; it really didn't like having a Cry Baby in there. The power supply cable also snapped. The patch cables are great though, I still use them!

• Members

That's a nice setup.

Have you tried replacing the Overtone knob on the DF-2 with something that you can turn whilst you play?

It makes for a wicked sweet sweep effect.

:idea: That knob is already on the far right of the board, I could put a long 'kick lever' on it.

Actually that won't work as you have to also hold down the footpedal to activate the feedback function... moving the overtone knob with my other foot would probably result in me falling over. Bang goes that idea :cop::idea:

Archived