Repairing a Small Stone ?

bigbossa

• Members

Hi All

Could some one help me out? I came across an old Small Stone that I had quite obviously destroyed in my youth. I would really love to bring it back to life but I am a total beginner when it comes to electronics.Willing to do a bit of DIY with some pictorial help

The Control pot is missing although the legs are still soldered to the board and there are a number of wires that are loose.

Maybe if some one could post a pic of the inside of a SS I could use it for reference.

The pedal is a version 2 and the board says SS issue J.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

• Members

That's not an Issue J, the board is different. For the pot all you have to do is remove the old legs and solder in the new pot. Finding a replacement pot is where you'll have difficulty. I believe it uses a 1M reverse log, which might be tough to find with long solder lugs for pcb mounting. As for the rewiring unless you can read a schematic or get a really detailed photo of both sides of the pcb youre probably better off getting somebody with experience to do it. Good luck!

• Members

Here is a pic of the disaster zone .The blue wire is probably something I added all those years ago .The camera is only 1mega pixel :( .There is a TV engineer that attempted to fix a Zoom pedal of mine but he could not get the parts. I may ask him but it ends up being expensive he has a flat rate starting at

Archived