Fulltone Fulldrive at 18v DC!!

KjStrat62

• Members

Thought this was all hype till i just treid it. Was using the FD2 at 9 volts. Just happened to have a Dunlop DC 18 volt adapter around that was used with a MXR Dime Distortion. So I figured as long as it is 18 v DC I'd go for it. And also center pin negative which it is. really gives the FD2 more headroom and more clarity. Glad I was messing around. Give it a shot. KJL:thu:

• Members

Thought this was all hype till i just treid it. Was using the FD2 at 9 volts. Just happened to have a Dunlop DC 18 volt adapter around that was used with a MXR Dime Distortion. So I figured as long as it is 18 v DC I'd go for it. And also center pin negative which it is. really gives the FD2 more headroom and more clarity. Glad I was messing around. Give it a shot. KJL:thu:

I gots to try this w/ my OCD! And the 808 clones I've made 'cause they can supposedly handle it.

• Members

I've had positive results with the OCD and the GT-500 as well. I really think I'm gonna try one of those fulldrives.

FWIW, I use a gator g bus 8 power supply that has 3 dedicated 18v outputs. It's real convenient as I have a few 9~18v pedals.

• Members

do most dirt pedals work at 18v then? do all pedals?

sounds interesting..

I wouldn't try it unless its specified if you dont want to fry a pedal. Fulltone specifies its good to go with certain pedals.

• Members

Thanks for adding to my anxiety.
:(

Was it the block or the adapter?

How's the brick working?

so far so good! and im not sure whats wrong with the g-bus cause the 18 volt outs work fine but all the 9 volts dont work at all:confused:

• Members

The OCD v3 sounds great at 18v. That's how I run mine. Lots more headroom and note clarity, even in the higher drive settings. The v3 is a bit darker sounding than the v4, although it will only get muddy if your amp settings are too dark, as with most dirt pedals.

The OCD v4 sounds much too brittle at 18v IMHO. I much prefer running it at 9v. It seems so benefit from the lack of note definition since it is already pretty articulate at 9v.

I prefer v3 to v4. This may be because I've had v3 for such a long time and have used it as my main drive pedal since I bought it. I pretty much know all of the subtle nuances hidden within the pedal, which is probably why I feel so comfortable with it.

Archived