Who wants to re-house a DE7 for me?

• Members

It's probably no harder then doing any other surface mounted stuffs. The switch, I believe, is only a momentary grain of rice, so any momentary switch will do, just replace the original one. The pots have their own board, so you either have to desolder them or drill the holes in the enclosure perfectly. Desolder the LED and jacks then put wires where they used to be. No harder then anything else.

• Members

It's probably no harder then doing any other surface mounted stuffs. The switch, I believe, is only a momentary grain of rice, so any momentary switch will do, just replace the original one. The pots have their own board, so you either have to desolder them or drill the holes in the enclosure perfectly. Desolder the LED and jacks then put wires where they used to be. No harder then anything else.

In principle it's easy, but in practice it's harder than putting together a true and tried kit project. Rehousing can be easy or very tough -- believe me i know...too many factors to consider. On the multilayer PCB, it's easy to f up the board. When you desolder, you run the risk of damaging something. It's also not as simple as replacing a switch. If you want it true bypassed, you have to figure how the switching circuit works by reverse engineering it, then work from there. Then you have to fit it into a small enclosure, otherwise there's little point. The SMDs makes it 3x as hard. There is a lot of stuff going on.

• Members

In principle it's easy, but in practice it's harder than putting together a true and tried kit project. Rehousing can be easy or very tough -- believe me i know...too many factors to consider. On the multilayer PCB, it's easy to f up the board. When you desolder, you run the risk of damaging something. It's also not as simple as replacing a switch. If you want it true bypassed, you have to figure how the switching circuit works by reverse engineering it, then work from there. Then you have to fit it into a small enclosure, otherwise there's little point. The SMDs makes it 3x as hard. There is a lot of stuff going on.

Yes, I know. I haven't done any true bypass mods to these kinds of pedals, but I have done a few rehouses and mods, plus multiple failures. Failures mostly with behringer pedals I bought to mess around with.

The DE7 has great bypass, so there isn't really a point in true bypass. The Ibanez tonelok stuff is, IIRC, the same width as the MXR type boxes, so you could probably just slip it on in there. But whatever.

• Members

Yes, I know. I haven't done any true bypass mods to these kinds of pedals, but I have done a few rehouses and mods, plus multiple failures. Failures mostly with behringer pedals I bought to mess around with.

The DE7 has great bypass, so there isn't really a point in true bypass. The Ibanez tonelok stuff is, IIRC, the same width as the MXR type boxes, so you could probably just slip it on in there. But whatever.

I haven't seen the inside of the de7, but the current behringer stuff is really bad to work with. On top of the SMD which in itself isn't so bad, they have multi layer PCBs which makes it hard to reverse and fixed if something goes wrong. Also the components are on both sides. I am having a lot of issues with them. I would rather play with danelectros :facepalm:

• Members

If you don't want Boss on it you're actually already in luck.

:thu:

Im just looking for something prettier. Thats all. No complaints over the bypass. THe switches have only been an issue for me once. Even then, only 1 of every 50 stomps misfired.

If its a hard thing to do that is going to take someone much longer than its worth, then I guess Ill forget about it.

I WAS going to give a KLON to whoever did it.

:snax:;)

Archived