Good Distortion Pedal for punk rock/ Alternative Rock music

ubaid88

• Members

Good Distortion Pedal ?

I need a good for punk rock/ Alternative Rock music. Distortion pedal with bit long sustain. Some kind sound like of Blink182 and Green day.

Do think tube screamers and boss Ds1 or Sd1 are some thing that suitable for this.

Actually I am thinking making one it would better if you suggest one for which schematic/layout are easily available.

Iam also going to buy Marshall amp as well.

• Members

try a Rat. Tubescreamers or SD-1s probably aren't ideal for you. A DS-1 might be ok depending on your amp, but it isn't my favorite distortion.

Some well liked pedal kits are at www.buildyourownclone.com and www.generalguitargadgets.com. I've built a few BYOC's and they are great for someone just starting out with pedal building.

• Members

If you're buying a Marshall amp and all you're playing is playing punk rock, you probably don't need a pedal. The amp's distortion should do just fine. Snatch up a JCM 800 if it's within your means, though for that polished pop-punk sound a Mesa Dual Rec or something might be better if you can afford one.

• Members

Green Day and Blink 182 are Punk Rock? :poke:

Gawd, I am so old!
:o
I remember the days when Punk Rock was synonymous with being too poor to afford nice gear. If you want to go that route, anything cheap will do.
;)

LOL. I watched the documentary, American Hardcore, yesterday. And a few weeks ago I watched another doc called Another State of Mind. I really wish the kiddies today would do some research :cop:

What strikes me most about those early punk/hardcore bands was that they were responding to the repressive Reagan-era politics. But not so much that as they (the guys in the bands) believed they could rally the youth into action - w/out any kind of formal plan:facepalm: I mean, the intention was great! But how exactly do you take collective of disenfranchised youth, who don't believe in authority, and expect to make things better? AFAIC, Ian McKaye was the only one who really 'got it'.

But I digress. KIDS: do some research on the old school punk/hardcore! Oh, and FWIW, those bands just cranked their amps for OD/Dist:cop:

• Members

a rat is what you need to play this {censored}ty music.

this statement is acceptable if you're talking about the green day/blink 182/mid 90s to present era of pop punk but if this is supposed to apply to the black flags and minor threats of the world than i think we may have a problem.

• Members

this statement is acceptable if you're talking about the green day/blink 182/mid 90s to present era of pop punk but if this is supposed to apply to the black flags and minor threats of the world than i think we may have a problem.

green day/blink 182 is what i'm reffering to. black flag ftw.

• Members

If you're getting a decent Marshall, all you really need to give yourself a nice bump in volume and gain is a good boost. I would suggest the Keeley Katana, or even an E-H LPB-1 (quite a bit cheaper).

I know it doesn't sound as exciting to buy a boost pedal over a distortion pedal but, trust me, you'll love how it sounds.

• Members

I'd get the amp first and see if it's sounds are suitable without any pedals.

Amp 1st, pedals later.

+1

Tons of RAT fanboys here. Me included. Great pedals but they sound like a rat. When I think Blink and Greenday I think palm mutes. First try the marshall you plan on buying, because pedals will not sound the same through different amps.

Archived