Post your "Pedalboard Evolution" thread.

Stubacca

• Members

For my 1000th post I decided to show the evolution of my pedalboard and I got a lot of feedback from it. I also had a few comments from guys thinking it would be cool if more forum members did the same. So in short... this is the official "Pedalboard Evolution" thread. Post your pics from your humble beginnings to your recent masterpieces. Feel free to include any thoughts for each board or just post the pics. Should be cool to see everyone's progress... Go!

Here is my evolution again to get us started.

First up is my super old Boss ME-8 that I am sure is resting someplace, possibly in a landfill near you. I used this bad boy forever and got a lot of "tone" compliments from it... of course that was before I knew what tone was.
Stubacca_v01.jpg

The ME-8 stayed for a long, long time but I added the Whammy and Cry Baby along the way... couldn't find a photo so... its photoshop time!
Stubacca_v02.jpg

I played the ME-8 so hard it pretty much just died on me. I was looking into pedals at this time, played with a few Boss pedals and soon began the pedalboard build idea. My best friend built me a board modeled after the Trailer Trash boards but... it didn't last long before the Glowing Pedalboard idea seemed, well... a little dumb.
Stubacca_v03.jpg

By now I am on HCFX and learning about all kinds of shite and buying all kinds of fx to see what I liked... always fun to try new gear! Got rid of the home made board and went to the real Trailer Trash boards... loved these at the time.
Stubacca_v04.jpg

Decided that the big board was too big and bought another TT board but this time a much smaller version. Started getting into my Zvex stage that lasted a while but eventually faded out.
Stubacca_v05.jpg

At this stage I was trying more delays as it was a pedal I have stayed away from for a long time... DMM is awesome but way too huge! Added the RMC wah and got my first Skreddy that I would later sell and buy back again!
Stubacca_v06.jpg

Still playing with the small board but hated the way it worked for me... all you guys were preaching the Pedaltrain and it started to make more sense to me so I was looking for the right size. More new pedals in the meantime.
Stubacca_v07.jpg

Now I am learning more about the amp OD and how to get the best tone from the amp so... the Klon and Kot enters the family!
Stubacca_v08.jpg

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Battle of the boards entry here...
Stubacca_v09.jpg

Still playing here, wanted to keep the Wah on board at this point but would later keep it off to the side (again). Losing more and more dirt as I was using the Klon in addition to the Amp OD and a little extra RAT here and there.
Stubacca_v10.jpg

That brings us to now with the latest board. This the one I used in the Tone Factor T-shirt contest. It now has a Budda wah off to the side and I want to get my new Top Fuel in there for a test drive but I am happy with what its doing for me at this moment. Played a gig with this set up last Wednesday and it was great... sounded amazing and gave me a lot of extra options for fun noises!
Stubacca_v11.jpg

Boring... maybe, but that the Stubacca board history!

*EDIT* Here is my latest board (December 08)

04December16-08.jpg

Updated board: January 09

Pedalboard12-31-08.jpg

Updated Board: Feb. 09

Stubacca_v13.jpg

March 2009 Update:

Stubacca_v15.jpg

August 2009 Update:

IMG_5136.jpg

Updated Board: March 2010

Stubacca-March2010b.jpg

February 2011

Stubacca001.jpg

• Members

its really cool when it works. i've sent it back twice already and need to again - evidently there's something wrong with it that we can't figure out. dave's been great with the service too.

i should note that these pics started in Oct last year. i had boards before, but no pics documenting my obsessions. i need to take a new pic tonight since i put the TZF, Lush and PQ-9 on and bumped the expandora.

• Members

This thread has serious potential. Your evolution is awesome Stu.

I barely have any pics of board progress. facepalm.gif, then again I am still in an aquisition state pedalwise. I'll be taking a bunch of pics until I get to the final product though. smile.gif

But basically, my first pedalboard consisted of a DE-7, BF-2, PH-3, NS-2, DOD Supra Distortion, Yamaha GW10, Digitech Whammy, and a Crybaby. It was pretty lame, but I was a kid.

Then I sold everything for a Boss GT-6, and used that for years and years. One day I got sick of it and started buying pedals again, and eventually put together this, back circa late 2006:

TomsRigGuitargeeked.jpg

Sold alot of stuff off, slowly but surely to fund other pedals. Kept the Whammy, that was all. Went through some more pedals (Big Muff, Phase 90) but they didn't stay. Now I'm running a Rat, Pitchblack, Whammy, EB VP Jr. and Hardwire DL-8 with a Swollen Pickle on it's way, looking to eventually get to this (with room reserved for some changes smile.gif)

Pedalboard09-29-08.jpg

• Members

here's an early one from when I played bass in a Psych band
Picture028.jpg
cleaned it up a bit, i miss the MXR dist+
pedalboardnew4.jpg
wasnt in a band at this time, so i was mainly experimenting:
pedalboardPicture2686.jpg
this was for my short-lived, 2 drummer, grindcore band:
pedalboardbrandnew.jpg
still experimenting:
pedalboardnewerest.jpg
gear2.jpg
pedalboard1gearnew.jpg

pedalsetupnewerestw.jpg

finally started gigging:
pedalboardZupdated.jpg
then i started a bass/drum noise duo:
pedalsetupforbass.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Stubacca

View Post

Great boards.... messy, but still great! thumb.gif

i dont try to be messy, but when i put a board together its to actually play/practice/gig, not really for show you know. i really do think there's some sweet clean boards around here, but do you guys ever gig them? or mostly bedroom players?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orangesix

View Post

i dont try to be messy, but when i put a board together its to actually play/practice/gig, not really for show you know. i really do think there's some sweet clean boards around here, but do you guys ever gig them? or mostly bedroom players?

Unless you are a neat freak like me... I gig the crap out of my board!

• Members

I actually found an old thread of mine where I somewhat posted a evolution of my board:

It all started with this:
IMG_1392.jpg

Then I started with pedals.

Feb 07...
BoardFeb07.jpg

Mar 07...
BoardMar07.jpg

I found HCFX around this time...

Apr 07...
BoardApr07.jpg

Jul 07...
board_jul07.jpg

Aug 07...
img118.jpg

There were some undocumented changes over this time period. Only ones I can recall are trading the dmm for a dm2, and then selling the dm2 to fund the Screw Driver.

Apr 08...
img105.jpg

Oct 08...
utf-8BYm9hcmQgMS5qcGc.jpg

Nov 08:
IMG00028.jpg

• Members

The humble beginnings..
170095128069_0_1.jpg
Picture009.jpg
Then around the beginning of summer i started buying a crazy influx of pedals that i never managed to take any pics of
then with due time i got around to this
Picture020.jpg
My horrible BOTB camera pic, b/c one of my friends thought she lost my camera on a mission trip to New Orleans and didn't manage to "find it" until 3 days after i bought a brand new one.
__
then i got a real case and started using this and similar variations of this
Picture052.jpg
I spent a lot of time with my pedals like this..

Picture293.jpg
Then i clean it up and got this
Picture306.jpg
And then i picked up a sweet deal on a PTpro and it looked like this
Picture380.jpg
Then i traded the Stellar Drive for the OCD and as of yesterday my board looks like this
Picture396.jpg

Then future plans are to Replace the crybaby for a Budda wah, eventually move the pitchblack to a bass board and get a Strobostomp 2, use the rotoshpere for keys and get an RT-20 and add a DL-4 and a HOG

Archived