Mid-fi Electronics Clari(not)

Coach

• Members

you can control the gain with your volume knob, although i have been considering adding a gain knob.

just a single repeat an the delay settings.

as for a rate control no, cause there is no "speed" to control, the modulation is controlled by the envelope ripple your guitar produces.

but it can also be pretty subtle.

there is also a weird flanger fuzz setting that isnt in any of the sound clips btw.

• Members

So the modulation depth is controlled by the level of input into it and the speed of the vibrato is constant, or does a louder input also result in a faster vibrato?

you can control the gain with your volume knob, although i have been considering adding a gain knob.

just a single repeat an the delay settings.

as for a rate control no, cause there is no "speed" to control, the modulation is controlled by the envelope ripple your guitar produces.

but it can also be pretty subtle.

there is also a weird flanger fuzz setting that isnt in any of the sound clips btw.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I've had one for a couple of weeks now. A couple of things I've noted:

The more delay you add, the more the tracking and depth are affecting the signal. That is, at very short delay times you do not have as much of the warble-tape effect, though you do get a little. Recently, I've been using the delay time very short so the pedal acts more like a chorus. A very demented chorus...

The warble-tape effect does not seem to respond too well to another fuzz as input (was using my Musket), but I got a really velcro sounding fuzz when playing my Mystic Octavius in front of it. Very cool.

I found the fuzz to be rather light, giving arpeggio style playing a "desolate" lo-fi feeling that works really well for me.

If you turn the delay knob while playing you'll get a speeding up/slowing down tape effect - great fun.

There's a tremendous amount of gain from the pedal - it's loud as all hell.

Running drum loops through it produced mostly a mess. I could get the delay timing down using guitar as input, but trying to get the delay time just right with drums was near impossible for me.

The blend knob has been the key for me. Too much of the warble effect and you get a train wreck - I've been using it at about 11 to 12 o'clock and have been getting very usable tones for soloing.

I use my TimeFactor after it, the tape echo, and the two sound amazing together.

Overall, I'm very happy with the pedal and would recommend it.

I hope that helps. :)
-Brian

• Members

I've had one for a couple of weeks now. A couple of things I've noted:

The more delay you add, the more the tracking and depth are affecting the signal. That is, at very short delay times you do not have as much of the warble-tape effect, though you do get a little. Recently, I've been using the delay time very short so the pedal acts more like a chorus. A very demented chorus...

The warble-tape effect does not seem to respond too well to another fuzz as input (was using my Musket), but I got a really velcro sounding fuzz when playing my Mystic Octavius in front of it. Very cool.

I found the fuzz to be rather light, giving arpeggio style playing a "desolate" lo-fi feeling that works really well for me.

If you turn the delay knob while playing you'll get a speeding up/slowing down tape effect - great fun.

There's a tremendous amount of gain from the pedal - it's loud as all hell.

Running drum loops through it produced mostly a mess. I could get the delay timing down using guitar as input, but trying to get the delay time just right with drums was near impossible for me.

The blend knob has been the key for me. Too much of the warble effect and you get a train wreck - I've been using it at about 11 to 12 o'clock and have been getting very usable tones for soloing.

I use my TimeFactor after it, the tape echo, and the two sound amazing together.

Overall, I'm very happy with the pedal and would recommend it.

I hope that helps.
:)
-Brian

GAS!

Archived