No announcement yet.

Best Distortion Pedal for a Marshall Plexi

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Distortion Pedal for a Marshall Plexi

I have a 1987x reissue Marshall and it sounds great without pedals. But I like the idea of having one in the loop anyway. My keeley tubescreamer, which sounds great on other amps, is a tone sucking machine with this Marshall. What do you suggest would work with this setup?
    I am now banned. How...predictable.

Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde! Literally is two pedals in one enclosure. Comes with overdrive + distortion, and complete control over both. I have one, and <3 it.
    Don't be a slave to public perception.

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Comment

there's this really sick one called an attentuator. you should check it out.
      Originally Posted by Naterel

Dear Liev,

I went to see Richard The Third starring Kevin Spacey at the BAM theater last night and you were there, I waved and said I loved you in Phantoms. You did not wave back or acknowledge me, I thought we were homeboys but I guess not. Also you're much shorter in person.

Love

Natty

Comment

There's no such thing as a pedal that truely captures the plexi sound but the ZVex Box of Rock gets in the neighborhood.
        FOR SALE:
        nada

Comment

Boss SD-1, fuzzface, LPB.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, (other than the attenuator). I'm definitely going to look into those pedals and pick one of them up. As money is not a factor in my ultimate marshall pedal search, I don't care if it's a ritzy handmade boutique or a made in a sweat shop Chinese.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions, (other than the attenuator).

HAHAHAHAHA. sorry. i just think that non mv marshalls have the best od around.
              Originally Posted by Naterel

Dear Liev,

I went to see Richard The Third starring Kevin Spacey at the BAM theater last night and you were there, I waved and said I loved you in Phantoms. You did not wave back or acknowledge me, I thought we were homeboys but I guess not. Also you're much shorter in person.

Love

Natty

Comment

Wampler Pedals (Indyguitarist) Plexidrive. Awesome JTM45 voiced pedal.

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/plexidrive
                Guitars: PRS, Fender, Gibson, Epi
                Pedals: Octophant, Wilson, Danelectro, Monsterpiece, Way Huge, Custom, Line 6
                Amps: Egnater, Ampeg

Good deals (70+!)

Comment

Baja Tech Custom Da Moaf. Big ass tone through a Marshall. I've never liked tube screamers through Marshall's they're for Fender's trying to get Marshall tone.
                  -Seth

www.thesethloverexperience.com

Comment

I have a 1987x reissue Marshall and it sounds great without pedals. But I like the idea of having one in the loop anyway. My keeley tubescreamer, which sounds great on other amps, is a tone sucking machine with this Marshall. What do you suggest would work with this setup?

Don't put OD's distortion's or fuzz's in the loop
                    Kerranggggg!!!!!

Comment

No worries! You're right, but at volume, I'd wake up all of Southern Cal. Not that i care..

Comment

Don't put OD's distortion's or fuzz's in the loop

i don't put them in the fx loop, since it sucks, but I do have a bypass looper that I put them in. Why shouldn't I use pedals?

Comment

+1 You don't need an od already built in, you need a big ass fuzz to blow the doors off.
                          -Seth

Comment

No worries! You're right, but at volume, I'd wake up all of Southern Cal. Not that i care..

Then an attenuator would work?

Gets you that nice tubey sound, but at a fraction of the volume
                            Don't be a slave to public perception.

Good Deals: Drasp, Blueballoon, Islandamp, DarkAegis, GregOvertone, OnWingsofLead, Matterday, Erim, Drummerdarko, Patrick F

Comment

Then an attenuator would work?

Gets you that nice tubey sound, but at a fraction of the volume

EDIT: Oops I thought you meant a variac. Still getting the coffee in my veins sorry...
                              -Seth

Comment

Working...
                              X