wah inductor replacement

bengerm77

• Members

I just bought a fasel inductor from some parts company and I notice that while it says it's a direct replacement, it's not immediately apparent where I put it. There's a whole bunch of holes on the board that the fasel can fit through, but I don't know which ones it goes in to. any websites you can point me to that may tell me where to put it?

• Members

Yeah, I'm replacing the stock inductor from a dunlop gcb95 crybaby with a red fasel inducotr (sold by dunlop). It's the revision G board. The original black inductor has four lugs that go into the board, and the fasel only has two. Also, the two lugs on the fasel are spaced wider than the original holes occupied by the black inductor. Fortunately, the board allows for a wider spaced inductor, the board has at least an additional 9 holes where the fasel can fit into.

I used the above link to upgrade from a dpdt to a 3pdt to accomodate a light, and it doesn't have any info on inductors or their placement in a crybaby.

halp?

• Members

With a Fasel, orient it so it sits parallel to the "Q" resistor (wieved from the front, you'll see the input jack, Q resistor and then the inductor, with its flat side facing the resistor).

Like this:

2282903_o1.jpg

Btw, this is a good idea for an addition to the wah mod page - I'll whip it up asap. :thu:

/Andreas

• Members

Yay! I made difference in teh internet!

thanks andreas, I've been referring to your wah mod page for this whole project and it's been super helpful. All I have left to do is replace the inductor like you said and I'll have a TB w/LED fasel wah.

You're teh best.:thu:

Archived