Boss DD3 Settings

The Bear

• Members

I got nothin'

I don't know what I'm doing with it.
:facepalm:

Not to be a jerk. You do know that it needs a power source, battery or adapter? Second, you need to turn it on, by stepping on it. When it is on, a red light should come on. Then just start twisting the knobs. Mode 3 should be the most dramatic for you. Hope this helps.

• Members

Not to be a jerk. You do know that it needs a power source, battery or adapter? Second, you need to turn it on, by stepping on it. When it is on, a red light should come on. Then just start twisting the knobs. Mode 3 should be the most dramatic for you. Hope this helps.

I do know these things.

Thanks

I am just asking for some suggestions for different settings because I've never usea delay in all my years of playing.

• Members

I am just asking for some suggestions for different settings because I've never usea delay in all my years of playing.

Ahhhh! Now THIS makes sense!

I remember trying to wrap my head around delay. I had been playing for 10+ years before I really gave it a shot. Always felt like the trails would trip me up & took a long time fiddling before I started to get how to 'play' delay pedals. For me, it was a real process. . .

Try a few things:

1) med. delay time, med-lots of repeats - find a rhythem and noodle up & down scales letting the repeats cascade behind your playing. adjust the mix to taste. This is probably the type of delay I use the least. . .others use it all the time (Edge)

2) long time, lots of repeats - keep the mix low on the repeats so it doesn't get too out of control & let the kettle boil in the background of your playing to add texture

3) short time, low repeats - fiddle until you get a good slap-backish setting, this works great with rhythm playing, etc. lower the mix on the delays to keep it subtle, or crank it up for some roots rawk/punkabilly/whatever.

Archived