Original Crybaby vs. Crybaby Classic

• Members

Is there any real difference between the original Crybaby and the Crybaby Classic? I know the Classic has the fasel thing, but is there really that much of a difference. I'm looking for a good, reasonably priced wah pedal. I have an older, beat up, original Crybaby that's ok. I'm just trying to find out if there's anything better about the Classic.

• Members

The GDB-95's toe-end is unbearable. I have a Classic now, and it can get shrill, but I took it apart and rolled the pot back to put the focus more on the low-end. But then I cut the rubber pads off the toe-end of the treadle, so I still get the good high sound.

IMHO, the Original is crap if its unmodded. I got my Classic for $65 shipped from a guy on the forums.

EDIT:

If youve got $100, search around or wait for a Budda Budwah to come up in the SPAM thread/forum. My personal fav. Id sell the Classic and put funds towards a Budda, but I just dont use wah enough to really worry about it.

• Members

The GDB-95's toe-end is unbearable. I have a Classic now, and it can get shrill, but I took it apart and rolled the pot back to put the focus more on the low-end.

Couldn't this be done with the original also?

• Members

Couldn't this be done with the original also?

Yup.

I'd recommend the original wah, just because it is moddable. There are tons of different mods for it. Classic has surface mounted components, so you can't tweak the circuit.

Archived